Chapter 22: Sweet Hibiscus Tea

He had fallen asleep with his head on my lap and his legs on a log. He finally looked somewhat...

Peaceful.

Funny how sleep can do that to someone, make them look so much younger, more vulnerable and more innocent. As if all the worry finally left their presence.

I suddenly remembered a song I learned a while back...

Sweet Hibiscus Tea...

(Please listen to the song Sweet Hibiscus Tea by Penelope Scott, it really gives off Nightmare vibes to me!)

I started to softly hum the lyrics...

"Here's the thing, I can't do anything right, try as I absolutely, totally might.

The bones are melting, the skeleton is ash.

The clavicle detaches and falls with a deafening crash.

And I'm not your protagonist, I'm not even my own.

I don't know anything, I don't even know what I don't know.

And if you look outside you'll see disintegrating trees.

The artificial way the sunlight bounces, off the waxy leaves.

My heart catches on every thorn.

You're already halfway out the door.

And I've never looked so old, and I have never been so cold, and it is 85 degrees.

I don't know what I need.

There's lukewarm herbal mango sweet hibiscus tea, on the hot garbage pile in which I fucking sleep.

The walls are empty it's so ugly I could, burn the whole place down.

It wouldn't catch 'cause all the posters, are on their way to my hometown.

And I am not your protagonist, I'm not even my own.

I don't know anything, I don't even know what I don't know.

And if you look outside you'll see, disintegrating trees.

The artificial way the sunlight bounces, off the glitching leaves.

My wet heart catches on every thorn.

You're already halfway out the door.

And I'm so tiny and so old, and God it's never been so cold, and it is 85 degrees.

I don't know what I need..."

"I like that song." Tommy whispers. "Remembers me of L'Manberg."

"I learned it when I was younger and I can imagine you thinking about L'Manberg when you hear it." I tell him.

"Softy." I could hear Techno say as he steps from behind a tree.

"Better than a non violent pig." I bite back.

"Violence isn't the way." Techno says with a smile.

"Yes it is and I'm starting to think that Tommy is more sane than you." I tell him and Tommy scoffs.

"I came here to pick you up, but you seem to be able to handle your self." Techno says.

"I'll come with you. Thank you for still coming, even if it's late. You should go to bed Tommy, I'll visit you later this week." I tell Tommy as we both stand up.

"Thank you." He says with a nod.

"Hang in there, buddy. You got this." I say and ruffle his hair. He tries to pull away from me, but I got him in a strong grip.

"I regret thanking you now." Tommy mumbles annoyed.

"Alright, time to go." Techno says. "I have some news for you when we get home."

"Okay, thank you Tommy. I actually had a good time." I tell Tommy and he nods.

"I had a good time too, Sam." He says with a smirk.

"I shouldn't have told you." I say with a sigh.

But I'm glad I did...