Chapter 20: A New Land

"I'm not sure I can do this." Phil said as he looked me up and down, obviously suspicious of what I was up to.

"Look, Techno is my friend. I need to get out of here and see him. I can't stand it here any longer." I tell him.

"I wasn't talking about that, obviously I can give you his coordinates, that's no issue at all, I trust you with that. It's just that- never mind." Phil says, interrupting himself in the end.

"It's what?" I ask him, curious as to what he was about to say.

"Nothing, I'll have to figure that out on my own." He says with a smile.

He gave me chill vibes, like a dad I never had. Very laid back, but also very wise. I think he'd be a great dad too, with all his advise and experience.

-

After Phil gave me Techno's coordinates I immediately left without telling anyone I was gone. That was more of a little mistake, but when I thought about it, it was for the better.

You never know if someone's following you...

It was a long journey over seas and over land. I think I've seen almost every biome now.

When I was almost there I pulled up the new coat I got from Eret. It looked like my other coat with the hood, but now it's made out of wool and a lot thicker.

It was very cold close to where Techno was located, so I needed it really bad.

-

I was just pulling myself through the snow when I saw a house in the distance.

I started walking faster through the storm and let myself fall into the door once I got there.

It made lots of noise and immediately a crossbow was pointed at my face.

"I'm friendly." I stutter out, because of the cold my teeth were clattering on each other and it was really hard to speak normally.

"Nightmare?" I heard someone ask with a gasp.

"Techno!" I said and immediately hugged him, not caring if we weren't on that type of relationship yet. I just needed to feel some heat.

"How did you get here?" Techno asks me as he leads me over towards the campfire.

"Phil gave me your coordinates, I just had to see you. The SMP has gotten boring after you left." I explain to him and he just smirks.

"They do say I'm the life of the party." He says proudly.

"They don't, but you're definitely the life of the war." I correct him and he just laughs.

"I like that better actually." Techno says with a proud nod at me. "So you said you missed me?"

"Oh don't start now. You think you can just blow up a country and then leave like nothing happened?" I ask him.

"Wow, choice of words please. I decided to live a peaceful life now, no violence." Techno says.

"So you've gotten boring too? I swear to god everyone's mood switched up so fast." I say as I let out a sigh.

"I'm not boring."

"No ViOlEnCe." I mock him. "Sounds boring."

"It's not boring, it's... well it's... okay it's a little boring, but-" I just look at him with raised eyebrows. "Okay, very boring, but I just realized that no one listens to me, not matter what I do. So why use violence when it only costs me energy?"

"Because it's pleasing? I'd rather have people fear me for my violence than just doing nothing." I tell him.

"And I'd rather have people fear my power of staying silent, than just being violent." Techno says.

"Good point, but still, I don't see anything wrong with a little violence." I say.

"Same here and let me tell you, between us. This life is horrible." Techno says as he finally drops his act and lets out a sigh. "I don't have anyone to stab and I'm all alone, so I'm actually so glad you're here."

"Me too, but you can't stab me." I tell him.

"I won't, for now." Techno says with a smile.

"Dirty pig."

"Dream..." Techno drags out with a smile.

"Okay enough, before I throw something at you."

Stupid pig...