Chapter 27: Ranboo

"Ranboo?" I called out and his head perked up.

"Yes?" He answers, looking at me with curiosity.

"I'm sorry, about your memories." I tell him, averting my eyes from him. I didn't want to look at him, I didn't want him to see how much that hurt me.

"It's fine, I'll manage." He tells me, obviously trying to bring me at ease.

We were currently strutting through the sewers, on our way to the safe house that Techno had made.

Techno had told me that Dream knew were he lived, and he didn't want to risk him getting me again. So that's when Phil had told me he knew someone that could help me.

So when I helped Phil escape, he slipped a note in my pocket, telling me how I could get away and who would help me.

So that's where we are now, me and Ranboo, walking through the stinking sewers.

"Are you okay?" Ranboo suddenly asks, making me look up at him.

This man was way too tall...

"I'm fine, a bit shocked I guess. Now that I know part of the plan." I mumble, lying just a little bit about how I'm feeling. Obviously I was scared for what would happen, but the fact that Ranboo was going through the same as I was more on my mind.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to, but I know it's a little more than that." Ranboo says.

Damn him for reading me so well.

"It's just- I've been going through some stuff." I mumble. "Something like you."

"Memory loss?"

"Partly yes. I can't remember anything from my past and it just gets harder for me to remember other small stuff." I confess. "At first I didn't think anything of it, but it's getting tougher."

"When did this start?"

"I think it was always there. I remember vague things, but I don't have any memories." I tell him. "I remember how I use to live, before I met Tubbo, but what I did exactly I have no idea. I don't even know how I somehow ended up here."

"That must've been hard for you, it still so hard for you." Ranboo tells me.

"Yeah, it's just that- My only purpose in life is to remember and now my memory is giving up on me. It's like- like someone else takes over my body whenever something big happens." I tell him. "I just get consumed by rage and start going absolutely crazy. I can't remember much after, just that it happened, no details whatsoever."

"If you ever need help, with memories or whatever, I'm here for you. And I know I might not be the best person to go to, seeing as, you know." He says and points to his head while making a funny face. "But still, I'll be here."

"Thanks Ranboo." I say with a smile, finally looking up to meet his eyes. He smiled back at me, his eyes shining while he did. "You're not that bad, even though you're on the other side."

"I just want to have friends, and I'm sorry we kidnapped you and all. It wasn't my idea." He apologizes.

"It's fine Ranboo, I had forgotten already." I say, joking about my current state. It was my way of coping and I think he knew that, so he answered it with a small chuckle.

"We're here." Ranboo says when we stop by a ladder. "Eret Will be here soon enough to help you further. And remember, if you need anything, just contact me. I'll be here for you."

"Thanks Ranboo, for everything, you've been the best." I say and he smiles at me. "Now give me a hug before I start to make things awkward, you big giant."

"Alright." He says, laughing at me and engulfing me in his arms. "Take care of yourself, Night."

"I will, you do the same."

"I'll see you again."

"I'm sure you will."

-

Authors Note

So this is a quick update because there isn't much lore going on in the Dream SMP as of speaking now at least. I still wanted to write a bit, so I hope this is good.

Soon it'll get more exciting, but like I mentioned before in an authors note, I have to wait for some plot to happen, because I want to follow that as much as possible.

I hope you enjoyed this little chapter and if you want any other characters on the SMP involved just let me know and I'll make sure!