Chapter 1: Meeting Tubbo

I saw him sneaking out of his base as usual. Going into his portal to leave for another couple days.

I've stumbled upon this base about two weeks ago, when I went on an adventure because I got bored.

It's in the middle of the jungle and quite hard to find if I do say so myself. It's a beautiful mansion too, completely made out of wood with big chest rooms. It's still getting built, but I can already see the beauty it would really become.

For now I've been taking some stuff from this base to finish mine, but also to slow down the process, because this base is fairly close to mine and it could lead to me getting discovered by people that could be potential danger.

So after I saw the young boy leave I sneak my way into the large chest room. I do my usual search through them, but get interrupted by a small cough and quickly turn around to be met by a pair of blue eyes.

"That's my stuff you know." The boy states the obvious.

"Yes?" I answer a bit taken aback.

"You shouldn't steal other peoples stuff." The boy states once again.

Yeah you're right kid, but I can.

"Who are you?" The boy asks me as he takes in my outfit. I was currently wearing my black cloak that covered almost my whole body and part of my face. A few strands of my brown hair peaked underneath it, making it hard for him to look me into my eyes.

I slowly lifted my mask up, covering my mouth and showing the painted on sharp teeth.

When I did that realization hit him and he looked at me with wide eyes.

"Nightmare." He says softly. "Please, I won't say anything! I swear! I'm a really good liar!" He quickly speaks and I could tell he wasn't at all.

"I'm not going to kill you." I state and the boy let's put a breath of relief.

"What are you going to do with me instead?" He asks unsure.

"I want to help you finish this base, and as return you won't tell anyone you saw me here. Also, you have to explain that whole portal thing to me." I tell him and he seems surprised at my offer.

"So you're not hurting me?" He asks me.

"I'm not, uh..." I start, trying to figure out his name.

"Tubbo, my name's Tubbo." He quickly answers.

"Nightmare." I introduce myself officially. "Pleasure doing business with you Tubbo." I say and he smiles, completely oblivious to the tricks I had up my sleeve.

"I can't wait for the things we're going to do together! This base is going to look awesome! Shall I show you my portal now? You wanted to see it right?" He asks and I nod.

"Show me the way Tubbo, I'll follow you." I say and Tubbo skips like a happy kid.

"It's actually quite easy, look!"