40. Visit from the unexpected

Start from the beginning

It was quite for a bit after I spoke, no one knew what to say.

I broke the silence again. "But Lae, how is it going with Nihoon? You just changed the subject to Eunho but don't think I forgot about Nihoon". I asked her.

"Well, I like him but he seems a bit off". Lae said.

"Why?". Suho asked.

"You know Chen is his best friend, but he told me he hasn't showed up for like the past 20 days or something. He is nowhere to be found, he wasn't even at Nihoon's birthday celebration or didn't show up for the important exam we had last week". Lae told us. "I think that he is feeling sad, especially because his best friend didn't show up on his birthday, I even bought him a gift and spent the whole day with him on his birthday".

"Ohhw". I said a bit taken off.

I wasn't taken off because it was about Chen, as I kind of had put the past we have past me, but because I knew it's nothing for Chen to just disappear like that.

"Yes, it's weird, but let's talk about something else". Lae said and started talking about another topic.

———

Our lunch date with the four of us has ended, way to fast. Unfortunately Ye-jun and Suho had to leave 15 minutes ago because Ye-jun gave Suho a ride to her parents because of an family emergency.

"Promise me that we will go shopping next week". Lae said as she showed her pinky.

"We will". I said as I connected my pinky with hers.

"Good, Suho is also coming with us! But I gotta go, I have to pick up my little brother from school". Lae said and waved me goodbye.

"Wait, Lae do you have a minute? I totally forgot to ask about this earlier". I stopped her.

"Sure, what is it?". She asked me.

"Well, there is still some important stuff in my old locker at school, could you please take them with you tomorrow?". I asked with puppy eyes.

Lae suddenly turned a bit tense. "I- I don't know Y/n-ah...". She said. "I'm really trying to avoid all seven of the boys at school, especially Taehyung". She said with an apologetic look on her face.

She is right, maybe I shouldn't send her into a bear trap like that. "Don't worry, I will try to pick it up myself then". I said as I understood why she didn't want to get my stuff out of my locker. "Until how late is the school open again?". I asked her.

"There is an special event today only for the people who are in dance class or in the soccer team. I think the event ends at 4 but I think people walk around until 4:30". she said. "But I gotta go now, otherwise I will be late. Goodbye and goodluck, fighting!". She said as she started to hurry herself as she started walking in the direction she needed to go to.

"Bye!". I said before she left my sight.

"School it is then". I sighed as I made my way to the subway station.

I really don't want to go to that school, but I have too, my friend needs my help and I'm not going to put my egoism before that.