I loved the fact that he would do anything to keep me safe and it showed me that he genuinely cared about me. I didn't feel safe going back to college either and I had been wondering how I would get past my fear in order to go back to my classes. I had completely forgotten that our college had implemented the online system for anyone who could for any reason, not attend the actual classes. It gave us the option to carry on with our classes from where we had left the class work. As far as I was concerned, this was the perfect option for me.

I looked up at Zayn and tried to give him a reassuring look, before hesitantly taking his big hand into my small ones. "Thank you Z-Zayn, T-that would b-be perfect for m-me." I said, blushing like mad at the surprised, but happy look on his face. He looked like he just got the best gift ever, instead of it just being me agreeing with him.

"Oh thank God, I was so worried that you would be upset about it, but I am honestly only doing it to keep you safe. As soon as that bastard is behind bars, you are free to go back to your normal classes, I promise, I won't stop you." He breathes out, relieved that I had agreed. "I-I d-don't know if I w-will be able t-to go b-back to c-class after t-this. M-maybe I-I'll just finish m-my c-classes online." I replied with a shrug. It was something to think about at a later date though, not now.

"It will be entirely up to you, little one. But just know, I will support you all the way, whatever you decide on." He says, lying down next to me, and gently pulling me closer to his body. I snuggle into him and feel my body relaxing.

We lay like that, in peaceful silence for a while, before I ask something else that I was wondering about. "Why am I in your room, and not my own?" I ask, not really wanting to move back there though. I actually liked the idea of sleeping next to him, where he would be able to keep me safe all the time.

I still couldn't believe how quickly I was learning to trust this man. I knew it might be too good to be true, but he hasn't given me any reason to distrust him and his arms made me feel incredibly warm and safe. I wanted to trust this man with all my heart, even if it might be a mistake.

"Um...I'm sorry, I know I should have asked you first, but I would really feel a lot better if you were right next to me at night, where I can keep a proper eye on you and make sure you are safe. I promise, I won't do anything out of line, I just want to hold you and make sure you are safe." He said, looking a bit unsure of himself.

I let out a giggle at his nervousness. My big, beautiful, Badass Dom, feeling nervous about how I would react. It was right at that specific moment, that I decided to completely let go of any distrust I might have still held onto. This big man could easily overpower and crush me, but instead, he chose to be as gentle as he could, always making sure that I was comfortable and he wasn't overstepping any boundaries. His constant consideration towards my feelings, was the boost I needed to take one more figurative step towards him.

I looked at his beautiful eyes, and saw the shock in them from my giggle so I decided I could give him one more surprise. I leaned closer to him, his dark eyes watching my every move closely, and before he could react, I planted a quick kiss on his lips, momentarily getting lost at the soft feel of his plump lips against mine.

When I drew back, his eyes were swirling with such a massive amount of mixed emotions. The few I could identify, were shock, happiness, lust, and what looked like love, but I wasn't sure.

I wasn't quite ready for that just yet, but I think we had made some good progress for now. He looked down at me for a few more seconds, before he lightly shakes his head and gives me one of his most gorgeous smiles yet. "You are absolutely amazing, you know that, right?" he says softly.

I couldn't even begin to respond, all I could do was smile, my face redder than a tomato, before lowering my eyes. "I'm going to go see if our supper is ready yet, then afterwards, you can take your meds and get some sleep, how does that sound?" he asks, getting up off the bed.