• 𝙣𝙤 𝙚𝙭𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨 •

Start from the beginning

Taehyung slips under the blanket and lays down on his side, back turned to your spot. You look back at him, shattering on the inside because of his negligence.

Nonetheless, you get up and walk over to your side of the bed and lay down beside him. You turn to your side, tears escaping your eyes as soon as you do.

Taehyung, who's still wide awake, silently listens to your soft sniffles. He swallows the knot forming in his throat and sighs quietly, shutting his eyes as well as shutting you out.

❖ ❖ ❖

Every morning you used to wake up to Taehyung kissing your cheek down to your shoulder. Keyword; used to. Now all you wake up to is an empty bed.

You scan his side of the bed before getting up and walking into the bathroom. You do your morning things before heading downstairs.

All the way from the foyer, you could hear Taehyung's laughs and giggles, but as soon as he sees you walk into the kitchen, he settles down and tells the person he'll call them later.

"Who was that?" You casually ask, opening the cupboard and grabbing a glass to serve yourself some orange juice.

"My coworker," He lies. "Real funny guy."

"I bet." You mutter, bringing the cup up to your lips.

Taehyung looks at the time on his watch and hisses knowing he's late for work.

"I should get going." He sets his cup in the sink then walks over to you, kissing your forehead.

He does that a lot now... always avoiding your lips.

As he hurries away, he stops abruptly and turns around to talk to you again.

"I'll probably be home late tonight too."

"Again? Why?"

"Jungkook's birthday was two days ago and Namjoon's is coming up," He tells you. "We'll be doing a lot of celebrating this week, so don't wait up."

"I guess I'm just forgotten, right?"

"Don't say that, Y/N," Taehyung gives you a tight-lipped smile. "I'll see you."

He turns back around and continues on his way.

❖ ❖ ❖

"He's cheating on me, Mia," You spill to your best friend. "I know it. I fucking know it."

"You don't really know that, Y/N."

"But I do! He comes home smelling like girl perfume, I've seen hickeys on his neck, and he never wants to touch me anymore," You list out. "He even stopped kissing me on the lips!"

"Alright, then if it's so obvious that he's cheating, why don't you confront him? Leave him?"

"Because–" You start, thinking you have a point to make, but really you have nothing. "I don't know."

"Look, you're blindly accusing him, Y/N," Mia sighs. "Until you talk to him, you won't know if it's all in your head or if he really is cheating on you."