Chapter 34: Tea and Things

Start from the beginning

Of many, many views I've seen

Of many, many places I've been

Do you know what brings me so much delight?

It's the fact that you're always in my sight!

So, come here darling, by my side

If you behave, I might let you ride

Let my warm arms embrace you tight

Show you how good I am all night

Chiyo could feel the strong second-hand embarrassment for a fellow performer. "I swear to the spirits..."

"Show you how good I am all night..."

A shiver ran through her spine, and goosebumps erupted on her skin. "Zuko, did you... just...?"

Zuko could accurately guess her reaction by the way the tips of her ears turned red. He grinned triumphantly. "Let's head back inside love. We still have a lot of time before we reach the Capital and I can think of many ways to pass that time with you. If you behave, I might—"

"ZUKO!"

The moment they stepped foot at the docks of the Capital, Zuko immediately had to leave for the palace to resume his postponed work that had no doubt piled up over the last couple of days

The moment they stepped foot at the docks of the Capital, Zuko immediately had to leave for the palace to resume his postponed work that had no doubt piled up over the last couple of days. Though reluctant and highly displeased, he acquiesced to Chiyo's request to stay behind for a while, accompanied by several guards and Kaze.

Despite the murderous looks from the Fire Lord, Kaze smiled brightly and eagerly followed Chiyo through the Capital. "It's such an honor having you give me this tour, Lady Chiyo!" He was practically prancing around, aware and unbothered by the awed looks of the locals. "Where do we start?"

"We're not on a tour. I'm taking you to the place where I grew up."

"A field trip it is! Wait a sec." Kaze retrieved a silk handkerchief from his sleeve. "Face this way."

With adept hands, he fashioned the handkerchief into a scarf, tying it comfortably around Chiyo's neck. "What is this for?!" She asked with slight panic.

"Don't tell me you want to go around town flaunting those 'mosquito bites' on your neck." He smirked. "And they have the nerve to call me indecent..."

Soon, they were standing in front of the large wooden doors of the Salinja troupe quarters. Seeing who it was the guards immediately let them in. Chiyo was quite surprised at the almost deserted place, save for a few of the elders knitting and embroidering dresses for the younger entertainers.