Chapter 8: Date with Fate

I forgot to credit the previous chapter's song! It's a modified version of "All With You" by Taeyeon.

Also, forgive me for this chapter. I won't say anything further. *hides*

-TheGreatestConWoman-

Oh, and happy 60K reads and 3K votes to the first book, The Concubine's Apprentice. You guys rock!

*goes back inside hiding place*

Due to health concerns, the Council of Elders granted the Fire Lord a week's worth of rest, after which the second round of negotiations for Yu Dao shall begin

Due to health concerns, the Council of Elders granted the Fire Lord a week's worth of rest, after which the second round of negotiations for Yu Dao shall begin. Zuko used the week to spend time with Chiyo, as well as help Uncle Iroh run the Jasmine Dragon.

Chiyo on the other hand was just a little bit anxious. Shortly after arriving in Ba Sing Se, she sent two messenger hawks confirming her safe arrival, one to Hira'a, and another back to the Fire Nation Capital. Having run away without proper leave will certainly cost her.

But she couldn't care less. After a long, long year, she finally got to be with her boyfriend again. "Boyfriend..." She chuckled at the thought as she watched him wipe down the last of the tables.

Over the year, his dark hair had gotten longer. Out of the traditional top knot, some unruly locks fall to partially cover his golden eyes, making him look even more mysterious and secretive. His physique had grown from lanky to a lean, muscular build. Chiyo grinned as she could imagine him working out in the palace courtyard sweat falling down from his face to his chest...

"What's with that beautiful smile on your face, love?" Zuko had approached the counter where she was wiping the cups dry. "I do hope you are thinking of me..."

His crooked smile still had the same effect on her as it did before, and he knew it. She blushed and looked away, throwing the rag she had used to wipe the cups to his face. "I wasn't!"

"Oh?" He easily jumped over the counter, landing in front of her, trapping her between his arms as he held the counter behind her. "Your cheeks say otherwise."

"Shut up!"

"Sure thing." Zuko leaned in and kissed her before she could protest more. He pressed his body to hers, loving the way her body fit perfectly with his.

As if they were made just for each other.

He lifted her up on the counter without breaking the kiss, earning a startled gasp from her. Testing the waters, he focused his attention on her lower lip, sucking, nibbling gently. One of his hands wound through her long dark hair, while the other rested on her thigh.

Soft, breathless moans escaped her, muffled by Zuko's unrelenting and unforgiving lips. Chiyo's mind was clouded with this new emotion. And before she forgot how to breathe, she pulled away, gasping for air.