Chapter 20

I stayed with my parents for a whole week. During that that.... I didn't had the guts to face either of those brothers. My feelings were haywire....at one side, there was Uzair who has been waiting for me completely unaware of the fact that now I'm married to his brother and on another side is Ruzhaan!

All this time I was with him... it was as if I had completely forgotten about my hatred for him. I just couldn't stop thinking about him.

The look in his eyes for me.... sometimes the sadness I saw....the playfulness he only showed me, his voice, his smile, the way he calls my name....why can't I forget it?

He's not how I thought he was. He's gentle, caring, misunderstood and..... broken. But he married me for revenge because he hates Uzair.

Does he hate me too?
Does he even care about me?
Does he even feel anything for me?
Like Uzair?
Or is it just me pondering my head and heart.

I'm torn between these two guys.... I'm falling weak.
I don't know what to do anymore!

I heard that Uzair was getting discharged from the hospital today so my mom made me visit him in the hospital to try to.... clarify things. I didn't had the strength to but I had to go if I didn't wanted to receive her flying chappal.

∆∆∆∆
Bring on bed for 4 months he has trouble walking and moving his limbs efficiently so for the time being he needed some physiotherapy and was using a wheelchair. His mother was packing up for him in his ward, getting ready to leave.

"Assalamualaikum." I said meekly.

His face lit up as he saw me but I couldn't feel the same joy I felt before whenever I saw him. Instead.... I felt guilty and dull.

"Rahina! You're here! Come in." He said soo excitedly. So I went in sheepishly.

We spoke casually, you know about his health and stuff...until he began the dreaded topic.

"Rahina, I'm back now. I'm sorry ki meri wajah se tumhe itni takleef uthani padi (I'm sorry you had to go through soo much because of me) but it's all over now."

He took my hand in his and I flinched.

Shit it's wrong! What do I do?!

"I'll take you back with me and everything will be back to normal. We can get married now after some recuperation and then I'll take good care of you.... I'll protect you better this time, care for you, give you every happiness you deserve and more and make up for everything." He said

My heart sank into a bottomless pit and I swallowed.

Seems like it's time to tell him the truth.

"Uzair... We...We can't get married anymore." I managed to say in a shaky voice.

He looked at me confused and frightened.
"Why not? Are you upset with me Rahina.... I'm sorry... please forgive me one last time. I promise I'll make it up to you." He said desperately.

I shook my head fighting back tears.
"No....no... that's not it."

"Then what is?"

"It's because she's already married!"

I gasped at those words and turned back to find Ruzhaan walking in.

"What?!" Uzair dropped my hand in shock.
"Wh...what do you mean... already married?"

Oh God! How can he just drop the nuclear bomb on him like that?!

"That means Chote...."
Ruzhaan grabbed me by my shoulder and pulled me to him.
"... she's my wife!"