Chapter 28

I'm back home now and continued my college as before. I meet my friends everyday, live with my family, in short, I'm back to my perfect mundane life just like before but now....all this feels soo pointless. I've gotten soo used to that crazy Mafia squad that without them... it's all feels soo.... empty.
Although, I still talk to Taha bhai. He's back from the hospital and is recovering well. Atleast that's good news. Uzair is still missing I've heard and after that day, I haven't seen him either. As for Ruzhaan, he's just like a stranger to me but I can't stop thinking about that stranger.

I think I've lost it. I crave to see atleast a glance of him, I dream about him every night. Whenever I remember his last words for me, I always end up crying. I have no appetite nor do I sleep well like before. My friends say I've changed a lot and my smile has lost somewhere. Mom noticed it too I guess so she doesn't scold or taunt me like before. She doesn't even let me do household chores. Infact, she even cooks my favourite food everyday and just yesterday brought me new clothes. Even my bro is being strangely nice to me and don't even get me started about Dad. Uff! All this sweetness is giving me the fear of diabetes.

Now I'm starting to think me being depressed is getting too overrated. I need to get back to being myself. I'm making my people around me worried too. That's enough now. I should just forget about him and concentrate on my studies and my life. The semester is right around the corner. I even need to get my notes and stuff.

I went to the college like always, attended my lectures, had fun with my friends, talked and laughed in the Commerce lecture. That lecture is always the most fun. We always have full presentie in this lecture and of course, Economics. But those lectures are always boring af.

I borrowed all my missing notes from Ashna and went to the xerox shop. As it was Saturday most of our friends were absent. I just came to get the notes. Ashna left early too and Neha, who's also my neighbour, she was absent too. How lucky am I!

(A/N- OMG! I updated this on Saturday too 😅)

The xerox shop near us was closed and the other one said that they already had too much work and another had thier machine broken. Did they plan all this or something? Soo annoying! I had no choice but to walk to the market to get my xerox. I sighed and walked down the road. Why did a Xerox shop have to be in an ally?! It's too creepy sometimes here. I kept walking but I didn't know why I felt like someone was following me. I tried to ignore it. Maybe I was being paranoid but I just couldn't shake off the aerie feeling. I thought about turning but any sudden moments could be dangerous. I speeded my steps. It was soo quiet that I could clearly feel my heart race and the blood knocking in my veins. All of a sudden 2 men jumped right in front of me and I almost had a mini heartattack. They literally seemed like thugs.

"Hi bhabhi!" One of them said grinning.

"Wh...who are...." Before I could complete the sentence I felt a sharp pain at the back of my head enough to blur my vision and soon everything went pitch black.

Third person POV,
It had been 2 weeks since Rahina left and Ruzhaan had literally torn himself from the rest of the world. He mostly spent his time out or even out of town and if he was home, he spent most of his time in his study or outside laying on the grass.

Taha was discharged within a week and was worried for his brother. He had even stopped looking for Uzair. Taha could clearly see that Ruzhaan was heartbroken and soo could all the other guys. But, could Taha really see his brother like that? Of course not.

That day, Taha went to his study....

"How's it going?"

Ruzhaan looked up at him as if getting out of a daze.