3:TEN

Thank you for 10k!! That's so crazy!!!

TEN

▪︎

▪︎

"Aurelia. Aurelia, wake up." A voice urgently called, pulling the girl out of her sleep. She quickly sat up with a concerned expression on her face, watching as Avalon paced around the small room and shoved random vials into a small bag. 

"What's wrong?" Aurelia questioned as she stood up, a nervous feeling beginning to bubble in her stomach. 

"I need to get to get you out of here." Aura furrowed her brows as she watched the woman frantically move around the room. "Quick, come on." Avalon grasped Aurelia by the elbow and lightly dragged her out the small hut. 

"What's going on?" The girl asked, walking as fast as she possibly could with her slight limp.

"I'll explain later. I need to get you away from the village before Semet finds you." 

The two slowly made their way out of the village and moved towards the tall trees surrounding the area. Once Avalon was certain they were out of sight from the village, Avalon thrusted the small bag full of medicine into Aurelia's arms.

The raven-haired girl looked into the bag with a curious gaze, before looking back up at the older woman who looked extremely worried. "Avalon, talk to me. What happened?"

Avalon sighed, nervously looking around as if they were gonna be found at any moment. "Something happened with your people. I'm not sure what, but Semet is angry. Gavriel ran to me saying he was threatening to take it out on you, so I had to get you out of there."

"I can handle myself. What's gonna happen to you if he finds out you helped me?" Avalon waved her off. "Nothing will happen to me. He'll be angry, but everyone in the village respects me. He wouldn't dare to do anything." She clasped both of Aura's hands in her own. "I'm afraid this is all I can do for you. Your leg should be fine until you find your people but I've given you some remedies just in case."

"I can't thank you enough for everything you've done for me Avalon." Aura wrapped her free arm around the woman and pulled her into a tight embrace, before pulling away from the woman with a small smile on her face. “May we meet again.” 

“May we meet again.” Avalon said in return, beginning to take steps backward. “Please be safe Aurelia.” 

The girl nodded at her softly. “I will.”