3:TWENTY

TWENTY

▪︎

▪︎

The feeling of someone shaking her shoulders brought Aurelia out of her unconscious state. “Bambi?” a voice called as she finally opened her eyes, squinting as the harsh sunlight almost blinded her. When her eyes finally adjusted, she found Bellamy hovering over her, his hands gripping onto her shoulders. He let out a sigh of relief as she allowed him to pull her to her feet, her eyes automatically falling to the floor to search for her beloved bow.

“Oh there you are,” she murmured as she found her bow and quiver full of arrows, and quickly pulled them over her head so they were resting on her back. 

“Now what?” Bellamy questioned, as everyone turned to look at Clarke for a response, but the girl’s expression revealed that she had no answer. Aurelia watched as the blonde pulled her hand out of her pocket, an alarmed expression appearing on her face.

“The flame. It’s not here!” Clarke revealed in an alarmed tone as she pulled her pockets inside out.

“What? Aura murmured in disbelief. “I watched her put it in your pocket.”

“Either Luna took it back, or someone else was here,” Octavia stated in realisation as  everyone began to stand on high alert. “Everyone spread out, look for any fresh tracks.”

Clarke, Jasper and Octavia spread out across the shore, as Bellamy and Aurelia delved into the woods, Bellamy with his gun raised and Aurelia with her bow. 

“You have got to be kidding me,” Aura exclaimed as they eventually reached the rover. 

“What’s wrong?” the boy questioned, clearly unaware of the problem that was staring him in the face.

“When I get my hands on whoever stole my Baby, there won’t be a body left to bury.” Aura huffed as she stomped towards where her bike had been previously, but unfortunately, there were no tracks to indicate where the culprit could have gone. 

“You go left, i’ll go right,” she stated, not even waiting for a response from Bellamy as she stomped off the main path and down a narrow one. 

She raised her bow and pulled back the bowstring as she ventured down the path, beginning to make out tracks which matched her bike alongside the pair of large footprints. 

After what felt like hours, she finally closed in on the stranger who was hunched over her bike, appearing to be struggling as he tried to start the motorbike.  She raised her bow until her eye was level with the arrow, then let go of the bowstring, watching as the arrow soared through the air and impaled itself in his upper arm. As the stranger clutched onto his arm with a grunt, an object fell to the floor with a clatter.