3:TWENTYONE

TWENTYONE

▪︎

▪︎

The group exited the rover under the cover of darkness, the vehicle parked a considerable distance away from central Polis for them to remain hidden from the chipped soldiers.

"This is where we split up," Roan declared as Aura placed her quiver across her back and grabbed her bow. "The entrance to the tunnel is right over there."

"Yeah, we know where it is," Bellamy responded without even glancing at the Ice Nation King.

"I'm gonna need the flame," Roan continued as he stared at Clarke, beginning fidgety when no one responded to him. "Look, this is only gonna work if they send Ontari out to get it. If they don't see it, they won't do that. Not much of a trap without bait."

"You must think we're dumb," Aura stated as she moved to stand next to Clarke, her eyes focused on the King.

"Fine," Clarke gave in as she pulled out the tin holding the flame. "But I'm coming with you."

"No way," Bellamy cut off as he shook his head. "That is not the plan."

"It is now. I am not letting that out of my sight." Clarke's gaze on Roan didn't falter for even a second. "Besides, I'm the only one who knows the passphrase. So you can tell them that without me, Ontari can't ascend."

After a few moments, Roan finally responded, an irritated expression on his face. "You'll need to look like my prisoner."

"Okay." The blonde shrugged.

"Wait a second. Give us a minute." Roan rolled his eyes before walking away from Bellamy, Aura, and Clarke. "Are you really willing to trust that guy with your life?" he questioned as he stared at Clarke, his brows furrowed together.

"No," the blonde responded. "But you'll be covering us the entire time. And I trust you." Her eyes moved towards Aura's. "Both of you."

☽︎☽︎☽︎

"Come on, let's go," Bellamy whispered as they ran through the tunnel to find their positions. "Alright, this way." The group finally found the wall with the small opening, allowing them to keep an eye on Clarke and Roan as they walked into the centre of Polis. Aura quickly reached back and grabbed an arrow to load it, whilst the others prepared by loading their guns.

"11 O'Clock" Bellamy signalled as Aura pulled back the bowstring, levelling the arrow through the small opening in the wall in case of ambush. "Roan will signal when he sees Ontari. We wait until she's standing in front of them and then we launch the gas."