3:FIVE

I posted a chapter in honour of Bellamy Blake's birthday.

FIVE

▪︎

▪︎

Aurelia braked so hard she almost went flying over the handlebars. Somehow, she hadn't seen the large tree trunk obstructing the floor until too late. By the time Monty had caught up with his slow driving, she was already on her feet and moving towards the object. Confusion swirled her thoughts as her eyes inspected the bottom of the trunk. The tree hadn't just fallen by itself. It had been cut. 

Her eyes frantically scanned the area as she inched backwards towards the passenger side door of the rover, slowly pulling her bow off her back. Her back pressed against the metal door as she continued to look around, making sure that nothing can sneak up from behind her.

"The tree was cut." She whispers, still not turning around to face the others. The rover rocked slightly as the others moved around inside, and Aura turned to find Bellamy sticking the upper half of his body out the top hatch. The slow creaking of a tree attracts their gaze, and they watch as the entire structure manages to crash hard onto the floor, completely obstructing the rover from reversing away.

That brief distraction is all it took for the girl to go off guard. A hand moves quickly from behind her, a dagger clutched in their hand, glinting under the sunlight filtering through the trees. The other arm quickly wrapped around her body, restricting her from moving her arms to defend herself. 

"Well shit then." The girl muttered out as she watched more and more cloaked figures emerge from the trees, surrounding the rover in order to take control of the rest of them. 

"Everybody out or the girl dies." A deep voice spoke, as Aurelia tried to lean away from the sharp blade pressed against her neck. 

"Okay!" Kane shouts, "okay we'll come out! Don't hurt her!" One by one Monty, Kane, Bellamy and Indra tumbled out the back door, roughly handled by the other figures. Most of them get forcefully shoved to the floor, with Aurelia's shoulder roughly colliding with hard ground. 

"Bastards," she grunted out in pain, looking up and finding Monty still on his feet, being held tightly as the flashing beacon gets plucked from him. 

"Hey, that's mine! Give it back!" Monty screams, trying to worm his way out of their grip.

"Monty! Just leave it!" Bellamy yells from his position on the floor.

"Monty?" Another female voice speaks up in surprise. Aurelia couldn't even see anymore due to her head being held down aggressively.