"Oh." That was unexpected. "Well, if it offers you any comfort, I didn't plan on sharing my bed with anyone."

"So it's just my bed we'll be sharing from now on then, yes?" Thane hummed, suddenly smirking at this new direction of conversation. He stepped closer, pinning me against the counter with his hips.

My eyes darted towards the doorway, to check no one was coming before automatically falling to his mouth.

"Upstairs. Now." His voice was a low, husky whisper; one that quickly had my body aching for his touch.

Excitement bubble inside me, building at the intensity of his heated stare, but I didn't move. I only raised an eyebrow in challenge of his command.

"You want to play?" He murmured so close to my ear, his lips dragging from my jaw down my neck. I shivered.

"Maybe I do," I couldn't help but tease, my voice more breathless than I would have liked. My fingers clenched tightly on the edge of the counter I was leaning against, and it took everything in me not to grab onto Thane and demand he take me right there in the kitchen where anyone could walk in on us.

"10..." he uttered, voice so low I almost missed it, a hand caressing my hip as he released me from his arms.

"9..." My stomach flipped, heart racing. Thane stepped back, his smirk growing.

"8..."

I didn't wait any longer, shooting from the counter, out of the doorway and up the stairs. Thane didn't continue to count, already I could hear his feet bounding after me and I let a bubble of laughter escape as I sprinted towards my bedroom.

He caught me just outside my door, a strong arm winding around my waist and pulling me back into his chest. He wasted no time in pushing me inside, both of us stumbling in our eagerness.

Before long my shirt was gone and I was bent over the edge of my bed, Thane pressed up behind me, his erection digging into my ass as I clumsily tried to untie my shorts.

He was kissing my neck, hands on my breasts until I finally freed my shorts and they were being tugged down my legs, Thanes hand in my underwear. I moaned, pressing myself into his fingertips.

His lips pressed heavily up my neck to my jaw, he bit gently at my ear before I felt his teeth graze against my neck.

I nearly hadn't felt it, too overwhelmed with the sensation of his hand pleasuring me, but suddenly there was no longer the feeling of blunt human teeth on my neck, rather the scratch of a sharp wolf canine.

I froze, any passion I had instantly extinguished as panic replaced it.

Thane noticed the change, and he was off of me in a heartbeat.

"Were you going to mark me?" I hissed; a hand pressed to the sensitive skin of my neck where his canine had just been. I could still feel it, pressing into the flesh. If he broke the skin even slightly, I was going to skin him alive.

"No, no," he grunted, backing away from me. He looked horrified. "Not without your permission, never."

"Without my permission?" I nearly screeched, eyes wide as I scrambled to re-dress. He was watching me, distress clear in his expression. But he made no move to stop me as I hastily tugged my shorts up my legs and fumble with the tie. "So you were thinking about it then? You wanted to?" I accused. I growled in frustration, my fingers shaking too much to do anything, and speared him with a hot glare.

"Yes."

"Yes? Yes? Why would you want to mark me?" My shorts left untied, and a t-shirt clutched tightly in my hand, I stalked towards the door, needing to escape this room and the stifling heat of his eyes locked onto me with that unnerving stare of his, as if he could see how fast my heart was beating against my chest.

In a second, he was there, gripping my forearm tightly. "So, you really don't know?" Disbelief coloured his tone. "You're not teasing me? You're not... toying with me?"

"What are you talking about?" I snapped, glaring at him as his eyes desperately darted between mine, clearly searching for something in my expression that wasn't there.

"You're my mate."

It felt as if I had been punched in the chest and pushed to the ground. The air wheezed out of my lungs. I almost felt a little dumb as I paused and blurted a blunt, "What?"

"I thought you knew."

"Why would you think I knew?" I exploded, shouting far too loud for this time of night. Every damn wolf in the house would be able to hear me.

"Oh, I don't know," he bellowed sarcastically quickly rising to match my temper, his arm waving violently between us, "Everything that's been happening between us? Or the fact that you requested to join my pack after you met me? The fact that we spend every morning and evening training together alone?"

"And you just thought I hadn't mentioned it?" I shrieked.

"I don't know!" Thane growled, pacing away from me in frustration.

"I thought you knew," I mimicked sharply. "You don't think I would have mentioned it had I known we were mates?"

"Most wolves know who their mate is!"

"Well I'm not most wolves! I don't have a fucking wolf you dick! In case you haven't noticed, I'm a damn freak!" My voice cracked from screaming so loud. Everyone definitely heard that one.

"You're not a freak." Very quickly he had spun to face me again, the hardness to his expression softening as he processed my words.

I was so worked up I was panting. I exhaled sharply with a sharp groan of frustration at his words as I stared intensely into his shoulder, refusing to meet his gaze. I didn't want his pity.

"I didn't mean it like that."

He didn't say anything.

"I just meant..." I grunted cursing myself internally. "I don't know what I meant. I need to go outside, walk this off."

"Emily."

"I can't right now."

Was very unsure about the timing of this, and was worried it would seem rushed, but then I realised this is Chapter 21 and it's about time they got a move on

Was very unsure about the timing of this, and was worried it would seem rushed, but then I realised this is Chapter 21 and it's about time they got a move on. Also the next chapter is written in Thane's point of view! 

 Also the next chapter is written in Thane's point of view! 

Here's Nero and Sandra, who do you want to see next?