"Is this you trying to apologise for being such an ass-hole?"

"Do you really care enough about my opinion of you that you would like an apology?"

"No." My eyes narrowed at him. "But I would like an apology for you almost killing me because you can't keep a lock on your damn temper."

This time, Daniel had the grace to seem ashamed of himself.

"I'm sorry," he muttered quietly. "That was reckless of me."

When Riley returned I made it a point to direct Daniel on how to cook the food Lorcan had provided, rather than cooking it myself. I wasn't their maid, but I wasn't going to let him eat horrible food for the next few years. The tension between the two of us had seemed to ease somewhat, and I had a feeling we had come to some kind of begrudging truce - at least for the sake of Riley.

The young boy definitely seemed to be in high spirits by the time we had returned to the main house, and I only hoped it stayed that way. The training young Alpha's received was intense, and for Riley to experience that without the familiarity of his father teaching it would be tough.

___

That evening I found myself in the lounge of the main house with Nero, Sandra and a few wolves I had yet to learn the names off. Music was playing softly in the background as we all lounged in various spots around the room. Riley hadn't wanted to stay with us, instead opting to shower and head to bed early.

"Fuck!" Nero swore for the tenth time, scowling down at the fabric in his hands and the huge knot of thread hanging from it. He and I had settled on the window seat, our shoulders pressed together as I tried to instruct the frustrated boy on his sewing mistakes.

Across the room, sat on the large grey rug, Sandra looked equally frustrated with her fabric, hissing as she continued to stab herself with the dainty needle, much to the amusement of the enforcer wolves sat by her. I was finally putting the sewing supplies I bought a few weeks back to use, as I had insisted Sandra finally learn to sew - much to her irritation. But she had eventually conceded when I'd managed to force Nero to learn as well. The young wolf had been complaining just as much, if not more so.

"Here," I laughed, passing Nero my own sewing. "You take this one and I'll sort out that disaster you have in your hands."

"Laugh it up, bitch." Nero knocked his shoulder against mine a little too rough, nearly sending me sprawling across the seat. "I didn't even want to do this in the first place."

"Oh please," I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "I've been able to sew since I was a child. It's not that hard and it's an essential skill. Suck it up. It's not my fault you suck so bad."

"Fuck you, I don't suck." Nero yanked his fabric back out of my hands, holding it to his chest protectively, glaring. "It's meant to look like this."

"Oh yeah?" I raised an eyebrow, grinning. "I'm the one who told you what to do, I know what it's supposed to look like. Just admit you're not good at something. Admit it, you suck," I teased, jabbing at him with a pointed finger. Nero continued to scowl at me, whacking at my offending hands and smacking me in retaliation.

"Just because you're getting some Alpha dick, doesn't mean you can boss me around."

My cheeks flared hot and Nero seemed smug. Other wolves were snickering at the childish display, and I looked over to see Sandra had abandoned her own sewing project and was laughing along with them. Both of them had been relentlessly teasing me all evening about Thane, and they didn't seem to be tiring from it.

"I can boss you around because I'm bigger and stronger than you. I could snap you in half like a twig," I growled, sewing fabric's completely forgotten as I launched myself at him. Nero shrieked, turning away from me but I still managed to wrap my arms around his shoulders and hold him in place.