Chapter 22- Roses Are Blue

Amy Rose stood at the top of a bridge. She looked down at the water below.

"Well, this is goodbye, Sonic." Tears poured out of her eyes.

-------
"Amy!" Sonic shouted.

He stopped when he reached the spot that was at a bridge, surrounded by a lake.

He looked around all fast, wondering where she was at. "Amy? Amy?" He said. "Where are you?" He went up to the bridge, trying to find a trace of Amy left.

His jaw dropped when he saw a golden ring bracelet left on top of the bridge. "Hey, that's Amy's bracelet that I gave her? What is it doing here?" He picked it up and looked at it.

He stopped dead in his tracks, when he realized what it was doing there. Her bracelet, that means that she-- Stunned by this, he dropped the bracelet down on the ground and looked down at the bridge below.

The water looked very deep. He had a look of fear in his eyes. "AMY!" He didn't like water, but he quickly dove in.

He swam below in the lake, and spotted a pink hedgehog falling through. Amy! He thought to himself, as he saw her with her eyes closed. She looked like she was sleeping in peace, in a way.

He grabbed her and he reached up to the surface and got out of the water. He layed her body down in a field of red roses. "Amy. Amy!" He gently shook her. "Please, wake up!" He started breaking down in tears.
"I'm sorry, for not returning your feelings. I didn't know how I felt about you. I'm sorry, that I would avoid you, it's just that I felt awkward being around you."

He took the closed envelope (that contained the love letter), and put it in her hands. "Please."

He started to cry more, when he put his ear on her chest. He heard no heartbeat from her, just silence. "Amy, no." He got a red rose and placed it in her pink quills.

"I'm so sorry, for hurting you and breaking your heart, and making you feel unworthy of love when you do deserve the real thing. You didn't deserve any of that pain I gave you, nor heartbreak."

"I'm so sorry, that it took me so long and so late to realize how I felt about you." Sonic gently hugged Amy close to him. "And for me being too late, to try to save you, before you took your own life with your own hands."

Sonic was so shocked and heartbroken that he didn't save Amy on time. He couldn't stop crying about her death. He felt like it was completely his fault.

"I'm so sorry, for everything, my love. Amy Rose, I love you. I will always love you, even though you aren't physically here in my life anymore. I wish I would of spent more time with you and had expressed my feelings to you. You were my first love. I'm sorry, that we can't have a life or future together as lovers, like you wanted to. Please forgive me. I didn't mean for any of this to happen."

He kissed Amy on her cheek. "I really regret what I did to you with my past actions. And for that, I have to pay for the price of having all this guilt and a broken heart that you left inside me."

It was true, years later Sonic was left with so much guilt and heartbreak for feeling like he was the reason that caused Amy's death. That caused Amy to kill herself. It made him so depressed, that he always felt sad every day and every night. In a way, it was like he was feeling Amy's heartbreak and sleepless nights of crying her eyes out so much for him hurting her all the time; was like his own karma for doing her wrong.

Because he loved Amy so much and didn't want to ever forget about her loving presence that she left on him, Sonic always wore the gold ring bracelet around his wrist everywhere he went. The one that he gave Amy to wear as a gift.

He wore it to remind himself about her every single day, even if it hurt him so. But the only things he had left of her, were that bracelet, and the two love letters that Amy had previously written to him with her heart.

"I will see you on the other side, soon. I love you so much, Amy. I won't ever forget about you, your love and kindness that you had for me." Sonic said, as he placed a bouquet of red and white roses at her small grave that had a picture of her on it.

Out of pure love from his heart, and guilt in his consciousness, he would always visit Amy Rose's every single day.

After she passed away, he had her grave stone built near the field of roses that was near the bridge that she committed suicide on, by jumping off into the deep ends of the lake. "And now, Amy, you will now always have a special place in my heart as well. And, I can't wait to be with you into the light. At the bottom of my heart, I will love you for the rest of my life, as long as it takes me to get to you on the other side, my beautiful rose."

THE END....