Chapter 4- Hope Has Crashed Down

"What happened when you and Sonic talked?" Scarlet asked.

"I think it went bad." Amy frowned. "I was so nervous that I kept on looking on the ground and I took some steps away from him. But he kept on getting closer to me, so that made me more nervous... so I backed away. And I hid behind a tree. Me and him kept on circling behind the tree, with him getting closer to me and me backing away from him."

Scarlet kept on listening to Amy. "That doesn't sound so bad. He told me that it went well." She said, before walking away to go to her class.
"Hmm.." Amy began walking into the hallway by herself. Sonic thought that it went well yesterday? She then bumped into someone. "Sorry."

"I'm sorry." The male hedgehog said, giving Amy a hand to help her up.

Amy looked up at the hedgehog's emerald eyes and at his open hand, before deciding that she could trust him so she took his hand. "That's okay."

"Hi." The hedgehog said to Amy.

Amy blushed since she started to act shy so she looked down on the floor. Why is he talking to me? I don't know him. She slowly walked away.

"You don't recognize me, Amy?" Amy stopped in her tracks as she heard those words, she quickly turned around. "How do you know my name?"

"It's me, Sonic," said the blue hedgehog.

"Sonic?" Amy said. "Oh." She felt herself starting to get nervous around him. "I'm sorry, it's just that I don't have a good memory of the new people I meet...so I forget what they look like."

"It's fine." Sonic said. "After all, we're both new to meeting each other."

The bell then rang. "Well, I'm going to go to class." Sonic waved bye at Amy. "Bye!"

"Bye, Sonic."

~~~~~

It had been some days and Amy noticed that Sonic hadn't texted her in a while, she was starting to get suspicious. She didn't think much of it but then she thought that maybe he would meet her by the same tree that they first talked at.

She waited by the tree during lunch, checking to see if Sonic would appear. However, the blue blur didn't emerge, and so the day after, Amy waited again. The same thing happened again but that didn't stop her from being patient. She waited for several days, hoping that he would show up. She just missed him.

Though, those days soon turned into weeks...and those weeks turned into months. It was in that time of long waiting that Amy realized that Sonic was never going to come because he never showed up. It really disappointed her and Sonic was the one that had led her onto thinking that they would become friends with each other.

Now, none of that was going to happen since Sonic suddenly stopped texting her. He and Amy never tried to talk again in person after that.

Is he going to show up? Amy stood once more under the tree, waiting for Sonic.

"I guess he's not going to show up." She closed her eyes and looked upset. "I thought me and Sonic were going to become friends. And I really was hoping to be his friend."

She would go about on her school days, and would often have Sonic on her mind almost everyday, making her lose her focus in class.

All she could do is think about how Sonic got her hopes up and now those hopes of her's just came crashing down, all because he didn't ever try to talk to her and had stopped texting her online.

Now, Sonic and Amy would see each other around school. They would pass by without saying a word to each other, it's just like the two ignored the fact that they didn't know each other from the very start.