4 🐾

Cat & Dog ; Shizaya

— Chapter 4

IZAYA DIDN'T CARE if it was late in the morning. He was going to continue sleeping. He was too tired. And he was too warm. He snuggled closer to Shizuo and he buried himself in his stomach. Izaya felt a tight weight around him and when he looked up, he realised Shizuo's paws were surrounding him. Keeping him close.

At times like this, Izaya was thankful he was a cat. There was many times over the last decade where he definitely wouldn't of been seen dead with Shizuo Heiwajima. Unless you counted when they were both fighting. But…

But, over the course of the last few months he had seen a change to his relationship with Shizuo Heiwajima. It all started three months ago. Shizuo saw him and went for him but stopped. He didn't have the usual menace, Izaya had noted, and honestly the blonde looked bored. But, bored of what? The fighting? The hatred? Because honestly Izaya was exactly that. He just wanted to move on from the fighting and become friends with the blonde.

It wasn't until the day after that, that Izaya went up to Shizuo in Russia Sushi. He tapped him on the blonde's shoulder and Shizuo twirled around almost, and as he caught sight of Izaya, he growled but it was short-lived. Maybe it was because of Tom's eyes upon him, or maybe it was because the both of them were bored. Either way, Izaya had left a note upon the counter, explaining how he was feeling. Shizuo had eyed the note but didn't pick it up.

“What is this?” Shizuo had said, staring at the paper, “Look I don't know what you're up to, but I—”

“No, no, Shizu-chan~~ I'm not up to anything. Honestly.” Izaya had said, “Just read the note and let me know what you think.”

But Shizuo never got back to Izaya. Izaya presumed it was because Shizuo didn't want to be friends with him. But honestly it was because the blonde had a lot of self-doubt. He didn't believe the flea wanted to be friends with him. He thought the flea was probably trying to get him into something. So that was that.

So here was Izaya laying here curled up against the blonde, feeling happier than ever. Maybe the blonde was starting to trust him. Just a little.

“What time is it?” Shizuo mumbled, burying himself further against Izaya. And yeah, the raven-haired male really was glad Shizuo couldn't seen his bright red blush upon his face.

Izaya looked at the clock across the room, “It's 11 o'clock.”

Shizuo lifted his head up and shook, his ears flying wildly, and honestly Izaya was amused at the sight. “Fuck. It's so late. I'm surprised Shinra hasn't woken us up yet.”

“Mhm… I'm glad honestly.” Izaya stretched all of his limbs, and laid back. Working for himself he usually had to get up early but now. He could sleep for as long as he wanted. Oh, and bonus point, he didn't have to do any work. “I could honestly sleep all day.”

Shizuo chuckled and nudged his snout against Izaya's face. Shizuo was humoured whereas Izaya was trying to ignore his beating heart. “I would say that is about to be short-lived.”

“How so?” Izaya gave the male a challenging look, not that you could tell.

“Well, I guess I have better hearing than you, I suppose.” Shizuo said, and Izaya was about to question what he meant, when the bedroom opened and Shinra peered into the room.

“Oh, hey, you guys are awake!” Shinra laughed softly, “I was worried something had happened.”

Izaya sat up, “That's a morbid thought process. Well, I shouldn't be surprised.”