1 🐾

Cat & Dog ; Shizaya

— Chapter 1

IF YOU ASKED either Izaya or Shizuo what their plans was for today, they probably would of told you, they'd be working, or having a meal out, planning for Christmas, or something along those lines. Neither of them had thought their day would go something like this…

-

Izaya sighed and played with the fur on his coat sleeve. He was nervous. Really nervous. He knew for a fact that he could be dead by the end of the afternoon. He honestly knew that much.

A blonde man shifted on Izaya's left, and the ravenette turned his head. The blonde sent him a growl in response. Shizuo Heiwajima. The blonde had his arms crossed, his teeth biting down hard on his bottom lip. It was hard for him to be in the same room as that… flea. God's knows why Shinra had thought it was a good idea for each of them to be in the same room as the other. Was he absolutely crazy? Did he have a death wish?

“Thank you to the both of you for coming here so suddenly. I know it was short notice.” Shinra appeared in the doorway of the hallway, and both of the men turned their heads in his direction, “I know it must of been hard for the both of you, considering…”

When Shinra had phoned Izaya to come around to his apartment, he immediately assumed the underground doctor wanted information. Or maybe even ask what he wanted for Christmas, that was in less than two weeks. But considering the blonde was here, well… who knows what his friend wanted. It couldn't be good, considering the both of them were here. It was never a good idea for them to be in the same room as each other. It would practically be mass murder, and that's how it always had been for the two of them.

Hence why Izaya thought that Shinra must of been feeling seriously dumb today. Inviting him and the blonde around together? Was he mad? They constantly tried to kill one another in each others presence and he knew that. He went to school with the both of them, he knew what they were like.

“Considering we always try to kill one another? Clearly you want us to do that, or you wouldn't of invited us both around together?” Shizuo shot the info broker another look, his fists clenched together. Izaya hadn't done anything and he already wanted to kill him.

Shinra walked into the living room and stood in front of them, “I'm sure you guys can handle yourself for a few minutes, as I tell you the reason as to why I've called you both around here for, or…” A pause. Then, Shinra added as an after note, “...what I want to do to you guys, at the very least.”

Izaya shot the blonde a look, crossing his arms, “This ought to be good.” The ravenette tilted his head at the underground doctor, “What is it this time? Another injection you want me to try for you?”

Shizuo's jaw clenched, “Hold on. You've tested the flea before with an injection? Sorry, but how many times have you done that, exactly?”

“Just a couple of times. All my injections are safe, honestly.” Shinra laughed softly, “Don't you trust me?”

“It's not about trusting you.” Izaya tilted his head, “It's the fact, we're not your test subjects.” The ravenette sighed and looked at the blonde again, “Sorry, but why are we friends with him exactly?”

“I'm currently questioning that myself. Oh, wait… Of course, if Shinra had friends in school—”

“—and,” Izaya interrupted the blonde softly and a laugh was in the tone of his voice, “If he hadn't of been such a nerd, then maybe he would of had friends, instead of tagging along with each of us. Isn't that right, Shinra?”