Chapter 12

Rin tousled his hair. He felt frustrated. Why? well it just sank into him that he met (name). The girl he supposedly had a crush on when they were kids. He knew he kind of acted like a douche to her but that was who he was. A douche with his own issues.

A smack on the head made him regain to his senses. He glared at Sousuke while rubbing where the teal eyed male hit him. "Sousuke! What was that for!?" Sousuke gave him a look before gesturing to the notebook in front of Rin, "Aren't you gonna study? If you don't, you'll fail and don't forget you're the captain of the swim club." Rin cringe and brought his focus on his notes. Sousuke sighed before a small smile appeared on his face.

But his smile dropped. "Rin." Sousuke called out and Rin replied with a what. "Who really was that girl?" Rin furrowed his eyebrows "What girl?" "That (surname) person." Rin gave Sousuke a look before going back to face his notes, saying "I already told you. I don't know anything about her. I just knew she were best friends with Haru, Makoto and Nagisa." Sousuke stared at Rin for a while then returned back to studying. Call it his sixth sense but Sousuke felt as if there was something deeper about (name) and he wanted to know what it is. But first he needs to get to know her.

***

"I don't care anymore. Let me fail." (name) says as she lets her head fall, face down, on the table. Kou immediately encourages her senpai with Rei throwing in more explanations to the poor girl. Nagisa also starts to yell out that he wants to take a break. Haru, surprisingly, just sat there working on example equations on math. While Makoto nervously chuckle at the chaotic scene. Said latter looks at the clock and sees that it has only been thirty minutes into the study session and everyone was already everywhere.

He sighs before clapping his hands, loudly. This caught everyone's attention and looked at him, except for (name) but she's listening. The olive head gave a smile, "Why don't we have dinner? It's time for it and it seems everyone isn't really focused." everyone visibly relaxed while Nagisa loudly expressed his happiness, saying he's hungry and whatnot. Forgetting that he literally ate snacks while studying.

"Who's gonna cook?" Rei asks and pushes his glasses up. Of course he had to ask or else his blue eyed senpai will cook mackerel as dinner again. Apparently before anyone can get a word out, they hear sizzling. It was coming from the kitchen. There everyone noticed Haru was gone from his seat. Everyone's suspicions were correct as they saw Haru grilling mackerel and they sighed.

"Is that mackerel?" Makoto screamed while the rest jumped in surprise. There (name) stood behind them, with eyes wide. (name) chuckled before laughing, clutching her sides. It took a while for (name) to stop laughing and catch her breath. When she did, she asked "Do you guys not like mackerel?" Nagisa explains that it's not about them hating it but because Haru kept on cooking it, that's why their sick of it. (name) hums and walks towards Haru who was still cooking his precious mackerel. (name) bumps Haru to the side and folds her sleeves to her elbows.

"(name) I was cooking."

"I know but the others are getting tired of mackerel. But don't worry I'll put mackerel in yours."

(name) gave Haru a smile and began cooking whatever she had thought of. Haru frowned but decided not to object since (name) promised that she'll put his favorite fish in the dish she'll cook. He went back to the living room, where everyone is, and took a seat beside Makoto.

"Uwooh! Haru-chan you left the kitchen to (name)-chan?" Nagisa says as he gushes at Haru. The latter gave Nagisa a glare.

"She insisted on it."

"Hohoho even after all these these years, Haru-chan's soft spot for (name)-chan hasn't faded."

Haru didn't waver his glare at Nagisa but decided not to say anything as Nagisa kept on gushing on his supposed soft spot for the (h/c) female. But if he did have something to say it would be just a weak retort. Since he did harbor a soft spot for the (surname).