Prologue

A new kid with a girlish name was the reason. The reason her friends abandoned her into her own shadow and broken mind, neither Nagisa or Makoto talked to her despite being beside them.

[Name] looked at the new kid with narrowed eyes, something was off. "[Name]-san are you okay?" her seatmate Mitsuka looked at her in worry but she just smiled and shook her head no and looked back at Matsuoka Rin who gave a sharky grin at the class.

---

Art class—The class the young [Surname] favored above the others. Of course being with the two young swimmers while drawing and talking at the same time made it more enjoyable, but what Makoto said cracked her little heart.

"Sorry [Name]-chan, Matsuoka-kun wanted to seat with us and there's no seats left for you." Makoto gave her a sad smile as she nod at him and stood there for a while before going to her teacher. Exclaiming that she was feeling unwell, with the teachers' permission she went to the infirmary. Her slow steps resonating through out the hallway.

But a positive thought came into her mind. 'It's just today anyways. Don't worry [Name]!'

---

Lunch Time—She tried talking to the two, key word: tried. Her attempt went futile as she saw RIn talking to the two, getting their attention every time she tried to speak. Now she was thinking that Rin wanted her to be alone. But she shook the thought of and was determined to try it tomorrow.

---

The day passed and tomorrow came.

"Haru-kun!–" [Name] stopped as she saw Rin walking with the said boy. At the near distance Makoto was there, waiting.

Pain shot to her knee as she was suddenly pushed to the ground, hard. She sat properly on the ground and cradled her bloody knee but the pain on her heart was more painful than the pain.

Ignoring the other kids gushing about her, she slowly stood up and went to the nearest bench she found and rummaged through her bag. Luckily some bandages and a little bottle of gauze was there.

Pouring the bottle, she hissed a bit before wrapping the bandages and slightly moved her leg but quickly stopped as pain shocked her whole body. Instead of going to school, she limped back to her house.

---

Now days passed, then weeks passed, her friends went distant and her mind went negative.

"Nanase join the relay!" her ears twitched as they passed her window, 'Even swimming he's intervening... But it's not my problem anymore.' she glared at them at the corner of her eye. Her eyes then widened in a fraction as she saw Nagisa running to the other young swimmers. It was free time and all the kids went to play outside all except for her. She was never an outside person but with Haru, Makoto and Nagisa she was always out, but that was in the past.

Now she was all alone, alone with her broken mind, alone with her shadows, alone with her demons. No one noticed the new personality the young child had nor the cries she let out at night.

Then again who would stay friends with a kid like her?

A kid who is easily deprived by sadness and loss.