Chapter 3

​​​​​​After reading the letter, they looked at each other. Their faces contorted into a mixture of shock, sadness and most of all guilt.

The three carefully ran out of the pool club and to the young [Surname]'s house, leaving their families in a state of confusion.

---

Lunch time—

The (e/c) eyed female was then surrounded by her new classmates as the school bell rang for lunch. Not wanting to be rude, she answered most of her classmates questions like:

"[Surname]-san, how was it there at the States?"

"It was wonderful there, American kids are quite welcoming."

"Where you were homesick when you were there?"

"Oh yes, some of my time there consisted of me moping around the house, thinking about Japan and Iwatobi."

"What country did you live at America?"

"First it was Boston then Chicago" they 'oo'-ed at that.

"Well um do you love Anime?" [Name] gave a small smile.

"Of course, no one can resist it's greatness after all." and more.

"Well if you all would excuse me I have to take my lunch now." she fished out her bento and her classmates thanked her to which she held her free hand up as a welcome.

Walking through the hallway, she was greeted by some students to which the young maiden returned. The small smile from her face didn't left as she did so.

Opening the rooftop door, [Name] blissfully sighed at the breeze. It was surprising to her that none of the students came up there but she wasn't complaining, she of course needed some more time alone and also fresh air from the bustling city of Chicago.

Sure she rested yesterday but it wasn't enough for her frail body. She took a seat and clasped her hands together, she thanked her food and opened her bento and started to eat. Not long after the rooftop door opened.

Multiple voices followed as one by one appeared. It was a good thing that she sat at the farthest corner, she didn't want anymore students bombaring her questions.

But as she get a clear view of the new comers, her (e/c) hues widen in surprise and cursed internally. She silently packed her half-eaten bento as they still talked and walked to the door, praying that she won't get noticed but it seems the gods was on her side as she successfully got unnoticed all except for one.

Haru seeing the (h/c) haired female leave. he stopped eating and stood up and left without a word to which the others looked at him, confused but didn't bother to ask him and continued talking.

[Name] slowed her walking pace and walked normally. Multiple thoughts crossed her mind but she came to her senses as she heard her name and a hand caloused onto her wrist.

"What do–" seeing the familiar ocean hues, she yanked her hand back and stepped back. "[Name] listen to me–" the said female narrowed her eyes at Haru making him snap his mouth shut. "Shut up, don't talk to me like you did back then. I don't care about you guys anymore." then [Name] quickly left him, her words stabbing his heart like their actions to her.

​​​​​​How can a lost friend be brought back to one's life?