2 | Internet Friends | 2

Sapnap POV

I made my way home a few hours after the party began. I wasn't drunk, drunk was not even remotely close to my state of mind. I was just confused, and quite frankly, extremely tired.

I opened the front door, stepping inside and locking it behind me. I only stepped a few inches off of the welcoming mat before I fell onto my couch, arms hitting the floor. I almost fell asleep in such a tragic position.

I summoned at least an ounce of self-control within myself, pushing my exhaustion filled body back up and walking into my room. I shut the door behind me, falling onto my bed and opening Instagram on my phone.

I tapped on Clay's profile, searching through his followers to find a familiar name. I couldn't seem to lay eyes on my target through Clay's account, so I opened George's account, scrolling throw his followers.

In his account, I found exactly what I was searching for. The name; karljacobs_.

I tapped the follow button as quickly as possible, swiftly liking almost every one of his posts.

I felt like some sort of stalker, but I couldn't stop scrolling through his page. I thought to myself for a moment; 'At least he won't know who I am.'

I tapped on his story, opening it and connecting eyes with the text placed over the selfie he must've taken at the party. I read the text, my eyes widening at each letter.

shoutout to @Sapnap! you're a really funny guy 🤟🏼

Holy shit, he knows who I am. Who told him my Instagram? Clay?!

I was suddenly more awake than ever before, my heart pounding like a bomb. My head was sort of aching but I ignored the constant pain. The only thoughts that ran through my mind were: "He knows who I am" "I liked all his posts" "He'll think I'm a stalker"

After a bit of pacing back and forth, I received a notification. Opening it, increasing my complete tension, it was Karl who'd sent me the message.

karljacobs_
hi :]

I stared at the message for a few minutes, emotions ran over my body so quickly I couldn't make I which ones I were feeling at the moment.

After making up a bit of confidence, I tapped on the 'Send Message' icon, typing a few words and hesitating before sending what I'd thought of.

Sapnap
hello 😅

karljacobs_
you liked all of my posts? lol.

I broke a sweat at those words. I was always extremely awkward but I didn't hesitate to type back.

Sapnap
yeah lmao. sorry if I'm being like stalker-ish

I nodded my head to myself, trying to sound as calm and collected as one possibly could. I bit my tongue, waiting for a response.

karljacobs_
nope :) I'll do the same for you!

The words I read coming from him raised questions in my head. What did he mean by that?

Suddenly, my phone overfilled with notifications from him. I immediately understood what he meant. He was liking all of my posts as well.

karljacobs_
you like minecraft too?? :O

Sapnap
oh Uh yeas ywah unless it's no t all that cool idk I just sometimes I post it you know lol ??

I wanted to punch myself in the gut after rereading what I swiftly typed. Half of the words were spelled wrong and I felt so awkward waiting for a response. My text message didn't even remotely make any sort of sense.

karljacobs_
no it's fine to like minecraft I love it :D do you wanna play sometime?

Sapnap
oh- yeah! sure

karljacobs_
Add me on discord :]

Sapnap
okay.. I'm sapdaddy#xxxx

I felt like a complete idiot reanalyzing what I sent to him. Sapdaddy?! Really, Nick?!

karljacobs_
LMAO sapdaddy??

Sapnap
on jah

karljacobs_
you're BRAZY bro lmaoo

I thought to myself for a second with the turn of my head. What does 'BRAZY' mean? I shook it off, pretending like I knew what it meant and playing along.

Sapnap
lmao yeah

karljacobs_
do you wanna be friends? by chance?

I smiled to myself in relief he didn't think I was weird or awkward. I felt my pounding heart and it slowly began to lose a quick beating. Falling onto the bed placed before me and returning to the same position I had earlier, I reread the letters on my phone screen and slowly typed.

Sapnap
yeah. of course :)

karljacobs_
that's awesome! come hang out with me and my friends during lunch tomorrow.

Sapnap
oh Um could I bring some of my own friends?

karljacobs_
yeah man ofc.

karljacobs_
I'm gonna have to go as of right now. my friend, Alex. He's drunk.

Sapnap
oh! ok. I'll talk to you later Karl!

karljacobs_
cya tmr sapnap :]

karljacobs_ is offline.

I felt my face go red, and it wasn't because of embarrassment or because the room was heated. I don't know why I was blushing at all.

I shut my phone off, setting it on the table I had next to my bed. I quickly turned my head to the side, turning off my light and sitting in a dark room. My eyes were wide open but my body was tired.

All I could think about was him. It hurt me. I wanted to know what he was doing at this very moment. I wanted to know what his favorite color is. I wanted to know if he played sports.

I saw his face in my mind and I smiled. He was so nice, unlike the other popular kids I knew at this school.

I finally allowed my eyes to shut. Smiling to myself and slowly drifting into sleep.

Little did I know..

The long criminal record that awaited me..

Being friends with that charming, brown-haired boy.

•+ Song For This Chapter +•
~ capsize ~ frenship & emily warren ~