Chapter 69 Home

After we both climax again, Loki collapses on top of me and we are both exhausted. Breathing heavily as we catch our breath and yet we are so content. At peace for the first time in 7 years and so happy. Not to mention our lovemaking was just absolute bliss, so much pleasure and brimming with such untold desire. So desperate to be with each other that it was so intense and fiery as we savoured finally being together again. God how I have missed him, all of him.

I feel him slip out of me, making me wince slightly from the loss of contact as he collapses on the bed beside me. We are both breathing heavily and smiling, lost in blissful oblivion. Letting pleasure consume us as we come down from our high, so happy. I get my breath back, feeling a little sore but so content as I turn to face him. He does the same and I move closer so my head is against his.

He kisses my forehead as he holds me, his hands tracing over my waist and lower back. His hands running through my long hair and I enjoy the sensation. It's soothing and I end up fiddling with his hair, tracing along his muscles on his arms and chest as I finally relax. For the first time in way too long, I am happy, relaxed and feel like I am home. Yes I came home a few days ago but now I feel like I am home, back with Loki, at his side. I'm home.

"Mmm now I'm home."

He chuckles, his hands tracing my back, "You've been back a few days or do you mean our room? In our bed?"

I shake my head slightly, my hand fiddling with the tips of his hair, "Back home with you. It didn't feel right when I was staying in that guest room, with him. It didn't feel like I was home and now I feel like I am. Back home with you, where I belong. At your side."

This makes him smile, "Well you're home now my love, you're back with me and you and our daughter are safe. Safe and home." He moves my hair to one side, "He won't lay a hand on you again."

"When is Kai being executed? I didn't hear Odin announce it as I was a bit distracted with..." I trail off, remembering how close to death I was, "Well you know."

He frowns, knowing what I mean, "He is being executed at dawn so he will be dead before we even wake up." He smiles at me reassuringly, "He will die for what he did to you, to us. So you don't need to worry, he will never get his hands on you or our daughter again. I will even check when we wake to make sure it's been done. Just in case but you're safe my love, you both are and he can't hurt you anymore. And there is no way I am letting him take you from me again."

This makes me smile, "Always so protective my future king."

"Well, I must protect my future Queen and our daughter from tyrants like him. It's my duty as your future king, husband, and father of our daughters. To protect the people I love." His fingers trace the area on my back where my wings are hidden, "And no one will take your wings ever again. I am just relieved they grew back and that you survived. I can't lose you for real."

I shake my head, "You won't lose me. I am alive and back with you."

He smiles at me, staring at me in awe, "I still feel like I'm dreaming. I feel like I am going to close my eyes and you will be gone. Missing or even... dead. "

"I'm here Loki, I'm here and with you at last." I move my hand from his hair to his cheek, "I'm here and I'm not going anywhere. I will never leave you. But if it will ease your troubled mind, maybe I should move closer? So you can feel me in your arms as you sleep so you know I'm here with you?"

"I would like that." He whispers, "I want to sleep with you in my arms again."

I smile, "Fine with me my dashing prince. I love being in your arms."

Then I kiss him on the lips and he kisses me back, holding me tightly before we pull apart. He adjusts the pillow, plumping it before moving up a little on the pillow. I move closer to him and he pulls me into his arms. My head resting on a pillow by his chest, his arms around me, and with his head above mine. I move my hands to his chest, resting them there as I snuggle into his arms.

"I love you Katrina." He whispers, holding me tightly.

"And I love you Loki, always have, always will." I close my eyes, "And when you wake up, I will be here, always."

He kisses my head, "Sleep well, my angel. You're home now."

Then we hold onto each other and let sleep take us, both of us finally at peace. Finally together after 7 horrible years apart but we are together at last and nothing will tear us or our family apart. I am home, I am home. I am with Loki again... finally. But I'm barely asleep, at peace and relaxed when I am pulled into a nightmare.

I'm standing back in the throne room, trapped in Kai's grip and I can't move. I'm gripping onto his arm, trying to stop the sword from going into my throat as he holds the electric rod in his other hand. Loki and the warriors don't dare move as we are stuck in a stalemate, they can't help me without me dying. I'm a hostage and I can't escape but I have my secret wings. I can use them to escape his grip, my secret advantage and I must try. I refuse to be his hostage or lose my chance of freedom.

So I focus on my magic and about to unleash my wings when suddenly he cuts into my neck, slitting my throat. I hear Loki scream as I drop to my knees and collapse on the floor. Everything comes out of focus as I choke on my blood before I hear a groan and Loki is thrown to the ground beside me. I try my best to hold onto life and I can barely make him out. His skin blue and veiny, his eyes and chest unmoving with a knife in his heart. Blood spilling everywhere.

"Loki!!" I try to scream but it's drowned out by my own blood.

I reach out for him but he is dead, unmoving and I'm dying too. I can feel it. The blood is pouring out of me and I collapse beside him, my vision spiralling. I feel so weak and heavy, barely alive. I can hear Hope screaming and I fight desperately to move but I can't breathe. Please don't take my daughter, not my daughter. Please... you've taken my life, my Loki, please not Hope. Please...

Loki... Hope... no!!