Chapter 22 In Our Honour

A few minutes before

Katrina's POV

After Frigga managed to find me a gown that sported Loki's colour and really showed off my curves, she tied my hair up and added golden flakes to my ponytail. I look like a princess, so beautiful and I'm sure Loki will love it. I'm so excited for the feast and the ball and I can't wait to see him. He doesn't even know I am here yet and I can't wait to surprise him. He must be so worried since I haven't spoken to him but I'm sure he will be happy when he sees me. God I have missed him so much and I can't wait to finally see him. To be his girl again and the fact I'm Asgardian and have been accepted by his family, nothing can keep us apart now.

It's finally time for the feast and I got here early with Frigga. I'm hidden by a column at the side entrance to the hall which is slightly higher so it means I get to look down the stairs at head table where Odin and Frigga are sat as well as the rest of the feasting hall. There are gigantic long tables at one side of the hall closest to me, filled with food and drink and people gathered around and the other side is the dance floor. Frankly, it's amazing but I only want to see one person.

Then I hear whispering and I look towards the entrance as Thor comes in and beside him is the man I love, Loki. He looks just the way I remember him and I swear he has got hotter. He is dressed in his usual attire but his hair is a bit longer. I like it. But he looks rather worried, despite the smile he is wearing and I'm guessing he is worried about me. Really I should have spoken to him last night but I had no idea how to tell him I am Asgardian and I didn't want to get his hopes up. Little did I expect that I would be in Asgard and now waiting to surprise him. God I love him so much and just seeing him from here, makes me want to run and jump into his arms. I'm here Loki and you are about to have the shock of your life.

Odin gestures to him and Loki goes over to him as Thor joins who I assume is his friends at the table. I hold onto my pendant as he gets closer and he is completely unaware I am here. The hall has become quieter and I guess everyone wants to hear Odin and Loki speak.

"Father." He greets as he reaches the head table.

Oh god how I have missed that velvety voice. It's so nice to hear his voice out loud instead of in my head, it just isn't the same. Finally I can hear his voice and see him, be with him. My Loki.

"My son, you seem worried. Has this got to do with your confused and distracted heart?" Odin asks him, hinting at me.

I look at Loki and he looks so worried as he nods, "I just haven't heard from Katrina, that's all. And I heard the ball and feast is in my honour and I was wondering why."

Odin smiles as he explains, "Well Son, I have news which you will be keen to hear. Today a young maiden came from Earth, seeking an audience with me, the Lady Katrina."

His eyes widen in shock and I can tell he can't believe it, "Katrina was here? Why?"

"She had found out of her true heritage, Asgardian, and asked for my permission to allow her to stay here and court you." Odin tells him.

Loki looks so shocked and I can tell he can't believe it but he is also happy. The people are now staring intently, the room deadly silent as they all look at him.

"I'm guessing you sent her back to Earth?" He asks him, voicing his fears.

Odin shakes his head, "No, I did not. She's an Asgardian and belongs on Asgard. As for your courtship, why do you think this ball is in your honour?"

His eyes widen in shock and I can tell it has finally hit him. He has realised this ball and feast is for us and I can tell he can't believe it. It makes me smile and to think any moment my name will be announced and I can come out and see him. He must be thinking the same, realising I am still here but he is still struggling to believe it.