Chapter 65 Family Again

I wipe a tear away as I pull myself together, no more tears. We are reunited and alive and free. It's a happy day.

"Can we be a family now?" She asks, still holding onto him.

Loki pulls away to look at her, memorized by her, "Of course we can Hope. You're home, you're safe and we are together now." He looks at her, smiling, "You're so beautiful, perfect, just like your mother."

She beams at him, "Mother tells me I have your eyes and mischievous smile."

He chuckles, "You definitely do but you have her beauty and her mind."

"Dad, can you teach me magic? Mum said you taught her and can we do pranks? Like you did to Uncle Thor?" She asks, full of excitement, "I want to cause some mischief."

I smile at this as Loki laughs, "You are so my daughter, mischievous and clever. And I will gladly teach you magic but tomorrow. I imagine you're hungry and we are in the middle of a feast. Let me get you some food and we can sit down properly. Together as a family."

She smiles, "Yes please. I'm starving."

We laugh as the people around us stop watching us as they start feasting again, talking amongst themselves. Tonight's events the main gossip. Hope stands up as Loki gets to his feet and I follow suit, not wanting to be on the floor any longer. But I am barely on my feet when I begin to feel wobbly and very dizzy again. I feel like I am going to collapse and Loki notices, quickly slipping his arm around me. He holds onto me and helps me steady myself as I hold onto him. I guess I am just a bit weak from using all that magic, unleashing my wings, and then nearly dying.

"Mum?" Hope moves closer to us, "Are you ok?"

I force a smile, holding onto Loki for support, "I'm ok, just a bit weak and dizzy."

"You don't look ok." She says unconvinced, "You can barely stand."

Loki nods in agreement, "She just needs to sit down and rest for a bit. Using her magic, unleashing her wings, and then getting hurt has taken it out of her. She will be ok, don't worry." He keeps his arm around me and offers his free hand to her, "Come sweetie."

Hope takes his hand and we go over to the feasting table where he was earlier except now there are fewer people and warriors about. Plus Sif and the warriors of three are real, all now getting drunk with Thor. Loki helps me sit down before sitting down beside me and Hope jumps onto his lap, wanting to be close to her father. It makes me smile and Loki doesn't seem to mind, using magic to bring over a plate of food for her and some juice. She begins to eat and he kisses her on the head, making her smile. They are so cute together.

I get a drink that takes the edge off before I let my wings come out of my back again, letting them rest behind me. God, it feels good to have them out and my body begins to feel stronger, the dizziness and weak feeling fading away. I guess I needed the extra magic from my wings to help me recover. I mean... that psycho did slit my throat, nearly killed me. Just got to rest and I will be ok.

Loki kisses her head before looking at me, "You feeling better?"

I smile, "Yeah I'm ok. I guess I just over did it a bit with using all that magic, nearly dying and finally letting my wings out." They flutter behind me, "It feels good to have them out."

He smiles, moving his hand from my back to my wings, gently touching my feathers, "They are beautiful and I am so glad they grew back."

"So am I." I admit, "It would have been strange living without them."

"And now I can still call you my angel." He says with a grin, making me roll my eyes, "But you did forget to mention you got them back. I was scared for you when you started taunting Kai about them."