"The inertia is killing me," Nik said softly. "I need to act. I... I need to spill blood."

"You're not the only one," Isa mumbled.

"Then you shall be pleased to know, I've located the last of the 12 rings forged with your blood," Elijah informed and Isa stood.

"Then it's time," she said eagerly.

"And not a moment too soon, with both your conditions."

Isa just gave a wickedly cold grin, one worthy of the Ice Demon as she said, "Time to spill some wolf blood."

Meanwhile, Davina had been trying to figure out a way to reverse what she had done. Once she realised that Mikael had tricked her into reviving him, she sought to undo it. So far, she'd bound him to her, allowing her to control his every move until she could find a way to kill him permanently.

To make matters worse, Mikael was the one with the white oak stake and if he ever got loose, not only would he kill Nik, but he'd kill Marcel and Josh and everyone from Nik's sire line. Let's just say that she'd had to keep that leash short - very, very short.

*****************************************************************

His son had been against fighting the werewolves head on once he'd learned of the white oak stake going missing because if Nik died then he died, but Isa figured out that the wolves didn't have the stake. They didn't have the stake because if they did, they would've made it known by now because they wouldn't have waited months to use it. So, Marcel agreed to bring his vampires to war, especially when he heard that they'd finally found the wolves that wore the twelve rings. Tonight, the Guerrera's would be exterminated.

Though, Elijah was almost exterminated before Francesca when Isa caught him dismantling her baby's crib. The 'appropriate time' he had called it. Isa had said that if he continued with his actions, she would find it the appropriate time to cut out his spleen for him to wear as a neck tie. He promptly abandoned his actions after that.

Now, they all sat in the dining room as they discussed the plan that would ensue as Nik felt his strength be stolen as the moon began to rise. They'd used one of Marcel's most trusted vampires to plant certain seeds in certain wolves' minds that would lead Francesca down a very specific path. And while Marcel, Katherine and his crew dealt with Francesca's lackeys, the other's had been tasked with retrieving the twelve moonlight rings. They needed to get those rings back fast. With the wolves looking for the stake, they'd come for Nik at his weakest, tonight, on the night of the full moon. They'd want him ready for when they did find the stake so they could kill him and secure Francesca's leadership. And even though every ring they got back would strengthen him, he would still be at a disadvantage. Which was why he was to stay inside his art room in the compound with Isa as his only line of defence. And she was their biggest advantage. She had a lot of rage to vent and a lot of tricks to use and despite the dismal state of their relationship these past few months, Isa was not going to lose the love of her life and the father of her child. These wolves weren't gonna get near Nik. That was a promise. And Isa tended to keep her promises. Just ask Genevieve.

*****************************************************************

The plan to take down the werewolf groupies was actually rather ingenious. The seeds Marcel's people had planted had the wolves tracking Marcel to the very building that Francesca had been trying to buy but Elijah stopped her. Marcel had been stockpiling wolfsbane for months and just needed a place to stash it. And he decided that now would be the perfect time to show them his supply. So, as Josh and Thierry barred the doors, Katherine grinned down at the wolves as her deft fingers flicked open a lighter and she held it up to the sprinklers that rained down wolfsbane. And the sound of their screams was pure music as the two vampires went to work, snapping necks and chopping off fingers as they restored Nik's strength piece by piece.
As for Isa, she stood atop the third-floor balcony railing as she filed her nails, waiting for their guests to arrive. And she smelled the stench of dog before she saw them as the wolves dropped from the roof into the open courtyard or onto the stairs, whilst a group marched through the front door that had been left open for such an occasion.