✹six✹

They returned to the Red Keep, hair windswept, and eyes bright with wanderlust. The two of them were in the stables when Jaime found them. "There you are." He said in relief when they dismounted from their black and grey stallions. "Where have you been Rhena?" He asked sternly, with a hint of playfulness in his voice. He took her in his arms and lifted her from the ground, failing to see the other woman who had accompanied his betrothed.

"Calm down Jaime." The female dragon said with a smile. "Don't you want to be introduced? She asked, gesturing to Lyanna who was watching with a knowing smile. "Lyanna Stark, this is Jaime Lannister." Jaime bowed his head to the northern girl and she curtsied.

"I suppose I should offer congratulations then?" The wolf asked the lion and dragon.

Rhena regarded her with curious eyes. "How do you know?" She asked with a confused expression. Though she wasn't too surprised, word in court traveled with surprising speed.

"Benjen figured it out from a few ladies who were talking about you and Ser Jaime." She said, a faint blush reaching her cheeks as she recounted her brother's findings. "It seems as if the servant gossip is getting around."

Jaime shrugged with a carefree smile. "It matters not, the news is sure to get out once our fathers announce it tomorrow at the wedding. Can't have her hiding from her future for too long now can we?" The two girls smiled at him and Rhena kissed his cheek. "Would you mind giving this to my father on your way up?" He asked, slipping a piece of paper in her hand. That had been their code for messages since they were twelve. And it has been proven quite effective. "I'm afraid I have a premarital hunting trip with your brother." This was of course true. Rhaegar had planned it the night before as a sort of bachelor party for the two of them.

As if he was summoned, the heir walked around the corner and into the stables. Lyanna was the only one who showed any type of courtesy and dipped into a low curtsy. Rhena did not have to, since she was his sister, and Jaime had long ago bypassed any formal interaction with the royal family behind closed doors.

"Where have you been Rhena?" He asked with a fond smile. "Father wanted to discuss wedding preparations with you and you're supposed to be with Lady Elia making her marriage cloak." Rhena cursed in Valyrian and inwardly scolded herself. She had completely forgotten about the appointment with the future queen of the realm.

"That was today?" She asked, a stretch to make him believe that she had just forgotten, too caught up on horseback with Lyanna.

Rhaegar rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Of course it's today, our wedding's tomorrow if you haven't forgotten that too?" he asked with a sly smile. "I hope that when your wedding takes place in the coming future, you won't forget to make your house cloak." Rhaegar spoke as if her wedding was miles away and she realized that he didn't know about her and Jaime yet. Mayhaps he had spurred Jaime on to ask her, but that didn't necessarily mean that he thought she would agree so quickly.

"You do know I'm getting married only a week after you don't you?" she asked with a raised eyebrow. Rhaegar gaped, and she took pleasure in his surprise. Not often did Rhaegar Targaryen gape. "I discussed it with Lord Tywin over breakfast this morning. We decided that a day after would be too soon and would steal that spotlight from the two of you, but he wanted a wedding as soon as possible so we both came to the agreement of next week." Rhaegar stood staring at his sister and future goodbrother in astonishment and then chuckled.

"You always were impatient weren't you Rhea?" He asked, ruffling her hair. She grunted and pulled away from him, making sure that the paper which Jaime had passed to her was securely clenched in her hand. She linked arms with Lyanna and bid farewell to the men in front of her.

"If you would excuse us, my lady and I are late to a scheduled cloak making." Lyanna tried to hold back a laugh and bent at the waist clumsily. When she bent, a burst of laughter came from Rhena and then from her, both of them supporting each other and hobbling out of the stables. "You boys have fun!" Rhena called out through gasps of laughter. Jaime and Rhaegar watched them go with confused looks and turned back to each other. One thinking, 'Gods, I'm related to one of them.' And the other, 'Gods I'm marrying one.'

"Who was the girl?" Rhaegar asked curiously, once the confusion had faded. He watched the door, as if he could still see the two smiling girls and was entranced by them.

Jaime watched him closely, waiting for a reaction. "One of Rhena's ladies, I think she's Lord Stark's daughter, Lyanna." Jaime noticed how the prince's eyes lit up at the name and a pleasant smile came over his face as he mouthed the name, testing her on his lips. Lyanna. Jaime was barely able to look as if he wasn't just studying the Targaryen heir in interest.

"Well!" Rhaegar said cheerfully, snapping out of his dazed gaze. "Shall we head off to the King's Wood?" He slung an arm around Jaime's shoulders and continued talking joyfully, but Jaime's mind was still on the wolf girl who had somehow managed to catch the interest of a dragon.  

I know I know I said that there would be fluff, but I needed to put this filler chapter in just as a light nudge to keep everyone on their toes. Don't want you getting to comfortable in here do I? Have a great rest of your day/night/early morning (I know it's four am somewhere and bitches be reading fanfiction in stead of sleeping. It's me, I'm bitches)