✹thirty nine✹

╣a one handed knight they'll write plays about you╠

The Circle Square was hardly circular. There were four walls and four corners where they met. In fact, the only circular object present was a single fountain resting in the center of the square, bubbling quietly.

Of course the scene would have been peaceful if not for the hundreds of men packed in its interior, armed and armored, waiting for the arrival of their new master. Rhena thought they looked identical, but knew it not to be so. Every man there was his own, who carried his own thoughts. She would have those thoughts freed.

"Rhena," Ned said, trying in vain to make her reconsider her offer. "Westeros will be won from dragon fire and kindness, not on the backs of slaves." He stopped. "It's not right."

Rhena remembered Jorah telling her that Ned had banished him from his homeland for trading men and women for money. It had proven an awkward reunion once Ned had arrived. "I will have the Seven Kingdoms," Rhena said. "I need an army for that."

The master of the Unsullied waited for them at the entrance of the square, Missandi by his side and a golden scourge in his hand. The only sound to be heard besides the whisper of chains, was the flapping of Rhaegan's wings above Rhena's head.

The self proclaimed queen wore red to match the setting sun above her. Her hair was void of any braids and was left loose down to her waist. Along her legs hidden by her dress, daggers were strapped. 

She walked alone, leaving Ned and the rest of her family behind as she made her way up the stone steps. "Tell the dragon whore that she will not receive her slaves until she pays for them." The master's face was turned into a smile which was almost kind.

"My master insists that the dragon be handed forward in payment." Missandi's eyes did not linger long on the beast flying above them. She would look up, but before she could take in the gold on Rhaegan's scales, she would look down to the stones on which they stood on. "Only then will he give you your army."

Rhena could hear her sons whispering behind her, most likely judging her for her choices. She tried to block them out, for criticism was her greatest downfall in every instance. Especially when it came from those closest to her.

Rhena held out the chain which connected to her child. Rhaegan was making quite the show, screeching and crying as if parting with her mother was painful. "My payment."

The greedy man reached out and took hold of the chain, yanking it down to get a better look at the dragon. Without even looking at her, he tossed Rhena the scourge. She didn't expect it to be so heavy and her arm lagged from the weight before she strengthened her hold.

"I'll see her again on the battlefield when this beast is grown. Then I shall win back my army." Rhaegan struggled in the man's hold, far more than she had been in Rhena's. "Tell the bitch her brat won't come!" Rhaegan roared at that, louder than the rest and gnawed on the chains connecting her leg to the vile man below.