✹thirty four✹

╣harrenhal does not hold the best of memories for me╠

The Lannister army was restless, Arya could feel it. Gendry told her not to worry, though what did he know? Tywin had been speaking of leaving for some time now. He was tired of staying in one spot and Robb's army was nearing the Twins.

Oh how she wanted to run away to Robb. He was so close. Not even a kingdom away from where she stood now. She wondered if Tywin would make a trade. Her for Myrcella or even her for peace. It was unlikely, but Arya was always one to daydream.

If the word which reached them was correct, Myrcella was carrying the future prince or princess of the North. Arya would be the aunt of a Lannister child. She shuddered at the thought. Myrcella was not Cersei though, she had to remind herself. She was not evil like Joffrey or arrogant like Jaime. She was like Tommen; small and kind and good. Myrcella wasn't a wolf, but she wasn't a lion either. She was a doe who would do good by their family.

Arya wondered if Robb loved her. She wondered if Myrcella loved him. She shook the silly thoughts from her head. And focused on Gendry before her.

The boy was hammering steel; weapons and tools for the Lannisters. Arya hated that his work went to destroying the North, but there wasn't much either of them could do about it. It was either this or torture.

"What are you thinking about over there?" Gendry called from his work.

Arya looked up and furrowed her brows. "Nothing you oaff." She called back. Gendry chuckled and stretched his back, looking up into the sky

"Good hells what is that?" he asked, pointing to the sky. Arya looked up as well and gasped. A comet made its way across the blue sky. Slowly, as if it was waiting for every eye to turn its way in awe. "I've never seen anything like it."

"It's a comet." Arya responded, remembering her lessons and tales from Old Nan. "Many in the North say it's a sign from the old gods, a sign of victory."

"But for who?" Gendry asked, invested in Arya's tales.

Arya stared up at the sky. "I don't know."

"Perhaps the Lannisters?" Gendry suggested gently. "It is red after all."

Arya scoffed. "Or the defeat of them." Arya said. "After all, it is just a legend. Who knows what the gods want with us."

✵ ✵ ✵ ✵

Ban sat with Jojen in the Godswood, a regular place of discussion for the two of them. Meera sat a rock away from the pair, switching between sharpening a knife and reading a book, usually of the tales of female warriors; the only books that Ned had gotten Arya to read.