A Christmas gift for Unus and Annus

Unus and Annus peered through the frost covered window, both completely mesmerized by the first few flakes of snow falling to the ground.

Christmas was here.

"I wish it were like this all year round." Unus sighed dreamily, loving every second when a snowflake passed by.

Annus nodded.
"I guess it would be nice but... It's too cold in my opinion."

He wrapped a black and white blanket around his shoulders, shivering.

It was around 6° in the living room and unfortunately, as Mark, Ethan and Amy were all out, neither Unus or Annus knew how to work the heating.

Apparently, they couldn't be bothered to tell them how to do a simple task like that, they said that they were getting something special for the two men. Something that was more important than warmth.

A christmas present.

"It's not that cold." Unus waved his hand at Annus like his opinion was nothing but a passing thought.

Annus rolled his eyes and went back to staring out the window, smiling to himself. The company of Unus was nice.

Annoying, but nice.

Unus chanced a small look at Annus and then at his bandaged wrist.

He frowned.

"I, umm, I hate to break the mood but, why did you do it?" Unus asked in a quiet voice.

Annus didn't need much context to know what Unus was talking about.

Annus sighed and turned to face Unus, clasping his hand with his bandaged one.

"I know I've said this before but, I couldn't live with myself knowing that you were hurt and upset because of me.."

Unus was quiet for a second then pulled Annus into a hug.

He was expecting Annus to say don't touch me but he didn't. Annus hugged back instead.

However, the hug didn't last long.

It was at the sound of a car pulling up into the driveway and the sound of Mark's voice as he entered the house that made Annus withdraw hastily.

"... Okay, see you tomorrow!" Mark called out, closing the door behind him. Amy also called out a goodbye.

Unus and Annus peered out the window to see Ethan climb back into his car and drive away.

Unus turned and scrambled to get to the door in a desperate attempt to see where and why Ethan was going. Annus followed suite only because he was curious as to what Unus wanted. The "ego" was as unpredictable as the disappearance of a sock from the tumble dryer.

Unus and Annus had made their way to the kitchen before meeting up with Amy, who was unloading a bunch of groceries onto the kitchen counter.

"Hey guys, what's up?" Amy chirped, giving them both a breezy smile.

"Oh, hi Amy, we're just - well, probably just me but, I'm wondering as to where is Eef?" Unus said, in a somewhat confusing manner, returning the breezy smile, with only just a bit of concern written in it.

"Oh, umm, Ethan? Well, he's just gone back to his house to get a few stuff for, umm, your present. Help them get set~" Amy stopped abruptly, realising that if she said any more she'll probably give away their present.

Annus raised a questioning eyebrow in thinking that Amy was acting a little sus. Unus, however, didn't seem to notice her stutter.

Instead, he was more distracted as to when they would be getting their present.