A different perspective

'Unus Annus means one year in Latin, but most people weren't to know that. Before the day the channel was created, those words held no meaning to anyone. They didn't matter, no one was going to pay any attention to them, why should they? It's a dead language. However, on that fateful day, they were given new meaning..

Mark Fischbach and Ethan Nestor created that channel, made the first video - both named with said respective words - Unus Annus and, whilst they expected it to only be a small thing with at least 50k views per video, they were wrong and the words were given new life... and they made new life.

The fanbase grew at an alarming rate and before Mark or Ethan knew it, they had 1 million subscribers in the small time of 5 days. It was considered unbelievable, but at least Mark didn't get his nipple pierced, though I am sure many would've liked to see that. Anyway..

As the fanbase grew, so did their belief and love of the characters. Unus and Annus were a big hit and just like us, they were brought to life with thoughts and feelings of their own.

All because everyone loved them. All because Unus and Annus were becoming their favourite egos..

Now, with them looking exactly like Mark and Ethan, we had to make sure they didn't go out into the real world, where people were bound to know them by looks alone and us egos being here in general has already broken the riff through space and time, so being seen will only make matters worse.

So, in hopes of keeping them a secret, Darkiplier had sent them a personal invitation to come live with him and the other egos in hiding (though technically Unus wasn't really Marks).

Except, what Unus and Annus did was that they refused, and sought to seek out Mark and Ethan themselves. Their plan was to take over Unus Annus and they wanted to be the ones who killed the channel, thinking that by doing so it would take them with it to the graveyard.

Except, Darkiplier, did, what most would say, everything in his power to stop them.. and he did.

Sending them to his shattered world like the Upside Down, Unus and Annus were trapped, unable to escape. They were kept there for the longest of times and by the time they were able to break out, Unus Annus had been deleted.

Of course the two men were pissed, they had every right to be. However, overcome with such emotion, the fiery anger had ignited their own powers of time manipulation yet they didn't know at the time.

Instead they ran.. and we let them, guiding them safely to Mark's place, making them take routes that would keep their cover because we're smart like that.

Then, they did what they did and now they are under the complete and utter protection of Mark, Ethan and Amy. It's too risky for us to try and intervene again.

Plus they have their own dogs now, Memento and Mori, two, from what I can only assume to be adorable huskeys, who are only loyal to Unus and Annus and I suppose we can include Mark, Ethan, Amy, Chica and Henry in the mi~'

Darkiplier raised his hand, silencing The Host. He crained his neck so that it cracked and he let his red and blue aura settle to "less threatening."

"As much as I appreciate the descriptive story, Host.." Dark took a step forward and put his face level with the Host's own. "That is not what I asked of you. What are they doing? Narrate what's going on with them right now!"

Dark's voice was low and harsh and his aura danced wildly around the room, flashes of red and blue lighting the surrounding walls, casting menacing shadows that climbed across the ceiling.

The Host would not let this act of usual anger from Dark falter him. Instead he replied the truth.

"As I have already told you, even I cannot tell what they are doing. The power surrounding them is too strong, stronger than yours even, and the way that they specifically affect time corrupts anyone's understanding of what is currently happening in their worlds. The corruption of time also seems to have affected the surrounding area of Mark's house, meaning that no outside power is able to break through." The Host stopped for a second, readusting his position so that he was more comfortable, then continued.

"I am afraid that it's not possible."

Dark drew in a deep breath, held it for a few seconds, then released. He could see The Host's point.

If Dark knew that even Warfstache started finding it hard to reach them, then he should've known that it would be no different for The Host.

Dark nodded once, turned and left the room, leaving The Host to go back to his radio show.

Dark took to his office, where he would plan what to do with Unus and Annus. As much as he appreciated the suits, Dark had to get rid of them. They were too strong; their power uncontrollable if used incorrectly. The world as any one would know it would be trapped, frozen in time and space. It was too dangerous.

They were too dangerous.

Dark traversed his way down the corridor and made a left, taking him to his office. He grabbed the doorhandle, twisted it, and stepped inside. Awaiting him was Warfstache, who had just so happened to of made himself at home. He was sitting on Dark's "typical" office chair with his feet on the desk in front of him.

"Hey Dames!" Warfstache said casually, giving Dark a breezy smile whilst waving to him innocently like he hadn't gone into Dark's room without permission. Annoyance ran through Dark and his aura flashed violently for a second before calming down again.

"Wilford, what is it that you want?"Dark asked from the doorway, placing his hands behind his back. His voice was low and throaty. Warfstache shrugged nonchalantly and stood.

"You know, if your trying to fuck with those two newbies, can't you get in their head. Y'know, being the manipulative edge lord that you are and all." Warfstache said in his drawled manner of speaking.

Dark scrunched up his face in anger and once again his aura flickered violently.. Why edge lord of all names? Warfstache laughed, clearly enjoying the sight of his friend get angry.

"I've already tried to 'fuck' with them. You know I have.. and I'm afraid that we may not be able to even get close to them now.."

Warfstache looked at Dark for a second to see if the man was being serious, and when the answer came apparent as yes, he wiggled his iconic pink moustache in thought. After a few minutes of pondering this and that, his face was lit by a sly smile.

"Y'know, if we can't use powers really against them, why don't we just..." He paused for a second. Dark raised an eyebrow, waiting for the man to finish his sentence. Warfstache drew closer to Dark.

Finally, after few drawn out seconds, Warfstache said,
"Why don't we just get them on our side, using our beautiful voices, to make them truly believe that Mark and Ethan are the bad guys."

Dark's lips curved into a wicked smile. He liked that idea.. He liked it a lot.