1

"Just wait, deep down... you'll feel the change."

............

"Do you think dinosaurs still exist?"

"Huh?" Simon lifts his head up from the table, tearing his eyes away from his drink, "Oh, Uh... I mean, scientists could have used DNA to create them again, like in Jurassic world."

"True, but what if they live at the crest of the earth and one day will crawl up to the surface, reclaiming our lands?" The dark haired girl asks, her wide hazel eyes staring into her friends.

"Really, Livvie?" Simon rolls his eyes, snorting slightly.

"What?" Liv furrows her eyebrows.

"You're actually insane."

"It's a genuine question! I have loads of them, like what if the Megladon still exists but just lives in the trench thingy-"

"- Do you mean the Mariana Trench?"

"Yes, that place. Or, the fact that I think it's scarier to think that we're all alone out there in the universe. I think I'd rather know that aliens exist."

"But what if the aliens are evil and life turns into the movie 'war of the worlds?' Can you seriously ima- oh look Clary! Act natural, Liv!" The boy exclaims, seeing their red haired best friend walking into the coffee shop.

Liv lifts her gaze up, watching as her best friend walks towards them, a solemn look painting her features. She finds herself frowning, wondering what's with the face before remembering where Clary had just been.

"Give me the professors' name and I... I will end them," Simon jumps up from the table, watching as she places her art work onto the surface.

Liv looks up at him from the place, scoffing as she laughs, "Really?"

"You know, with... with a scathing e-mail to the dean," He corrects sheepishly.

"Thought so," Liv mumbles.

"Don't bother," Clary mumbles, placing her bag onto the floor as she sits down, sliding over a piece of paper to her friends. Simon opens it in confusion, Liv peering over his shoulders to get a peak of what it says. Her eyes are immediately drawn to the large bold letters on the sheet of white paper.

'CONGRATULATIONS'

"Really, Clary? Sad face?!" They both shout, pouting as they watch her laugh.

"Congrats, carrot!" Liv exclaims, hugging her best friend once her and Simon have fist bumped.

"Thanks, Liv!" Clary laughs, eyes wide and buzzing with happiness.

"What'd they think of the work?" Liv asks her as she takes a sip of her hot chocolate.

"Y'know, it's weird," Clary begins, "They kind of liked my assigned work, but they flipped out over the drawings for our graphic novel."

"You're welcome," Liv flashes her a smile, flicking her hair over her shoulder cockily.

"This day will go down in history as the greatest 18th birthday I ever had!"

"It's the only 18th birthday you'll ever have."

"Which is why we are celebrating tonight," Simon jumps back into the conversation, "Yes, with Maureen, after our show."

"Absolutely!"

"So... what's the deal with you and Maureen?" Liv asks him, leaning against her closed fist.