Chapter 46: Transformation

Start from the beginning

I had no idea when or why she started acting like the mother of the group but it was hilarious. I got up and walked to the bathroom, spinning round and glancing at Calla before closing the door behind me. I heard Calla's boisterous laughter that was interrupted by a thud and a groan not long after.

As I walked past the mirror, I caught a glimpse of myself - Syd always knew how to style me. I was dressed in a black dress that stopped mid-thigh and had a sweetheart neckline. A long, open, cream cardigan laid on my shoulders, black knee high boots tying it all together. I loved what Syd had done.

When I exited the bathroom, Syd instantly pushed me into the seat that sat in front of her 'makeup station' as she called it, and immediately began sectioning my hair. I used the massive mirror in front of me to look for Calla. I couldn't see her. But when she did walk back in the room, an ice pack was balanced on her forehead. I thought about asking what happened, but then realised it was probably best to leave it.

Sydney had finally finished straightening my hair and Cals and Syd had started talking again. It was awkward till Sydney muttered an apology and everything was forgiven. Now, however, I was growing more and more tired with sitting in the chair with every passing second.

"You're done now," I told Sydney and stood up, not giving her chance to tell me any different. I knew she was just being picky and straightening random pieces of hair now anyway, so she complied quite easily.

"Okay, but let me just touch up your makeup-" she moved towards me with another brush in her hand and I jumped out of the way. I couldn't stand sitting in the chair for any longer. I briefly told her I was going to get a drink, resulting in her telling me not to smudge my lipstick, and ran out of the room as quickly as I could.

As I went to walk into the kitchen, I heard Lucas' voice come from the living room. I had no idea he was here.

Wanting to show Lucas my 'transformation' as Calla and Sydney liked to call it, I eagerly walked to the living room.

I stood in the doorway and twirled, "What do you think?" I grinned, facing Lucas on my right when I saw his eyes flicker behind me. I sighed, this wasn't the first time Lucas had company and I just walked in.

Slowly, I swivelled on my heel to reveal who was sat behind me.

"You- You're here early?"

Jace slouched in the chair behind me, the intensity of his stare making me shudder. He sat up, his hands on his knees as he looked at me with widened eyes. A confused frown etched itself on my face. He was just sitting there, not saying or doing anything.

"I think you've broken him," Lucas laughed, a small chuckle escaping Jace's mouth. I rolled my eyes but blushed under Jace's gaze nevertheless. Jace finally stood up and took a step towards me, his hands casually held my waist as he sweetly smiled at me, our faces inches away from one anothers.

"You look beautiful," he whispered, making my eyes drop to the ground and my cheeks involuntarily flared up in colour once again.

With his thumb on my chin, he lifted my face, my eyes meeting his crystal blue gaze again. It was intense. So intense my surrounding dissolved, my only focus on the guy in front of me. I watched as his sky blue eyes dropped to my lips, lingering there for a second before returning to my brown eyes. A small smile crept onto my lips as I moved forward, his hands still on my waist. "We should go now," I whispered into his ear before taking two steps back, glancing briefly behind at Lucas and laughed.

I stretched my arm out towards Jace's hand and intertwined our fingers, "We wouldn't want to be late, would we?" I grinned at him, my head tilted to the side.