Chapter 39: Wasn't even slightly interested

Vote and comment to let me know that you're enjoying the story so far!!

We had been in the basement for hours, making my hair go static and fly around my head at the gross warmth of all the cramped body's. I probably looked like shit, but the guy that had been trying to get my attention across the room didn't seem to mind.

Amused, I watched the guy as he smiled and winked at me. The thirsty girl who had been pushing herself on him all night caught the fact that he was staring at me and angrily looked in my direction. I quickly lifted my red cup and drank the last of the water that was in it. I was in no way interested in this guy; it was just fun seeing the way people interact with each other. More importantly how this girl couldn't take the numerous hints that he wasn't even slightly interested.

His looks and obvious arrogance told me that he was your typical asshole badboy. I felt sorry for her. People often get blind sighted and think that those types of people like you when all they wanted to do was use you. I would know all about that, wouldn't I? My last two relationships (if you could even call them that) weren't a very good reflection of me as a person.

I needed to get out of the basement. It was hot and dark and my bladder felt like it was going to explode. Plus, my throat was hurting so I desperately needed more water.

I turned and tapped Dar on his arm, grabbing his attention, "I'm going to the toilet. I need to pee real bad."

The short, blonde girl who was weirdly flirting with Dar was immediately ignored. I took time to take notice of her, I had previously been purposely ignoring her all night. Her hair was obviously not naturally blonde, you could tell that by the way her roots were screaming at you every time you looked at her hair. She was wearing the tiniest set of clothes someone could possibly find and the way she was attempting to flirt made me want to throw up.

Darius caught me analysing her and laughed humorously. I had no idea why he was laughing; he was the one leading the poor girl on. Darius stopped laughing and spun around so that he was facing his friends. Jack was surrounded by a group of girls and Ollie was stood up against the wall on his phone. Two complete opposites.

"We'll be back in a sec," Darius told Jake and Ollie to which neither of them replied.

"You don't need to come with me," I tried to tell Darius, but he didn't care. I honestly would have preferred it if he came with me, there are always weirdos hanging outside the bathrooms, but I didn't want him to think I had told him for that sole purpose.

The basement was so crowded full of people that we had to push past people and move a few out of the way.

When we finally made it out, I realised how busy it actually was up here too. The cool air was so refreshing and something that I missed entirely when I was trapped a few seconds earlier. I inhaled deeply, allowing the colder and crisper night air fill my lungs. I felt Darius' presence behind me and swivelled around so I could speak to him.

"You stay here and get refills. I'll be quick." He nodded and walked towards the bar.

There were a line of girls hanging around outside the bathroom. Even though the line was moving quite fast due to girls going to the bathroom in groups, I couldn't be bothered to wait. I sighed and stared at the men's room. I looked and saw that it was empty. I assessed the line of women in front of me.

Screw it. I went into the men's toilet.

Thankfully, there was an actual toilet seat and not just a urinal. It would have been a bit strange for there to be a urinal in a house, but you never know.

I jumped out my skin at the sound of someone trying to get into the bathroom. I was only washing my hands at the time, so it wouldn't have really mattered if they had got in, but I still found myself praising the fact that I had locked the door.

"I'll be out in a sec!" I shouted to the person stood on the other side of the door as I rushed to dry my hands. I quickly gave myself a look over in the mirror, making sure that none of my makeup had smudged and attempted to tame my untameable hair before holding my chin up high and unlocking the door. It was probably just a couple of guys wanting to get in here to hang out.

I swung the door open and froze in shock.

"Ivy?" 

(A/N) Who do you think is at the door? I'm pretty sure it's obvious but I'll still ask lmao.

This chapter was kinda rushed, that might be why it might be not as good as the others but I promise that the next few will make up for it!! 

Random question but what is your food/diet preference? Like, do you eat meat or are you vegetarian, pescatarian, vegan...?

Thanks for reading :)