Chapter 10: The Long Day Ahead

"SHIT TROYE!" I hear Hannah scream from the other room.

I roll over on my side and rub the sleep from my eyes. What's going on? What day is it? What-

"OH FUCK" I yell back to Hannah. It's Friday morning, and we have to be at school in 7 minutes. We must of slept in...but who can blame us? We stayed up into 4 am working on my poster for Tyler.

THE POSTER FOR TYLER.

I sit up so fast I fall of the bed. Everything hits me at once. I am asking Tyler to homecoming today, after school at his soccer game. I still need to tell my friends the plan, and Hannah is the only one who knows as of now. This is going to be one helluva day.

"TROYE GET YOUR BUTT DOWN HERE WE ARE HELLA LATE" Hannah screams as she frantically tries to load everything into the car.

I quickly throw my clothes from yesterday (hopefully no one notices) and gather my stuff. On my way down I check my hair in the mirror to make sure it looks atleast half decent. I jump into the car and Hannah slams her foot on the gas pedal. We're off.

When Hannah and I finally arrived, first period had already started. I hug Hannah and sprint to my Physics class. I open the door, and all heads are turned on me.

"Mr. Sivan Mellet? Why, may I ask, are you late to my class?", Mr. Stinson says as he glares at me with those dark, emotionless eyes. I feel like he staring into my soul.

"I overslept, sorry", I mumble as I make my way to my seat. Grace makes eye contact with me and mouths 'is everything O.K?". I nod back in return. As I walk, I scan the room for Tyler. He's not in his usual seat....shit. He isn't here at all.

I go into full out panic mode. Why isn't he here? Of all days, he picks this one to ditch class. Of course, just my luck. Maybe he will come later in the day. Maybe he's at the doctor or something, that has to be it. Where else would this boy be?

Before I know it, the bell rings and I spend the rest of second and third period thinking about Tyler. I also thought about all my friends reactions to my plan, and everything in between. The bell for third period rings, and I sprint to lunch.

I see Grace and Korey already at our usual table, and they wave me over.

"Troye! Hannah tells us you have some news, but she refused to tell us anything else," Grace said as soon as I sat down.

"What is going on?," Korey follows with.

"I want to wait until everyone gets here," I say with a smirk

"Oh, well Tyler isn't here today" says Korey

"Yeah, I noticed. Do you have any idea where he is?"

"Something about his game. He needed some last minute things I guess. He'll be here in a couple hours."

Well that's a relief. I tried not to sound too excited, but I couldn't wait for him to get here. Hannah comes over with Zoe and Alfie and we all sit down.

"Troye. You need to tell them" Hannah urges me.

"Okay guys," I say laughing. They are all watching me with complete interest. "So I was at Hannah's house last night and we sort of had this brilliant idea."

"Well go on!" Zoe said with her accent.

"I'm going to ask Tyler to formal at his soccer game today"

The whole table erupts like one huge volcano of questions and shrieking.

"AMAZING, RIGHT? Totally my idea," Hannah says

"Wait wait wait. You're GAY?" Korey asks me

"Oh yeah, sorry. Must of left that part out" I say. I totally forgot they didn't know. These last couple days have gone by so fast.

"Troye! This is great!" Grace chimes in.

"You have our full support" Hannah adds

"How are you going to ask him?"

"Well Alfie, if you must know," I say with a huge grin. "It was all Hannah. She's brilliant. We stayed up until like four last night making this poster for him. And I bought him a soccer ball. I'm so nervous."

"Promise me you won't ask him unless I'm there okay? I NEED to see this go down!" Zoe giggles

"I promise. I want you all to be there." I say with another smile. This is really happening.