Chapter 1: Wake Up Troye!

"Good Morning Sunshine!," says my mum ripping the curtains open exposing me to the bright sun. I groan. "What's the matter? Today is your first day at Beverly Prep Troye!" 

"Really? I was trying to forget." It's true. Once all my counseling was finished for my attempted suicide this summer my parents decided to move us all to California for a "fresh start". Like that's going to happen.

"Troye, honey, everything is going to be fine. I promise. Put on your clothes and I'll make you some breakfast" She said as she left

I let out another groan and collapse back into my pillow. There's no way in hell kids in Beverly Hills are going to treat me any better than the ones in New York. My mum can be an idiot sometimes. I look at the clock and notice it's getting late, so I unhappily put on a sweatshirt and some skinny jeans to head downstairs to eat.

"Hey Troye" my sister Sage says. She pauses and then adds, "I know this is hard for you. But it's your senior year of highschool! Please look at it with atleast the slightest bit off optimism. Love you"

"Love you too," I mumble. Sage has been so supportive since the beggening. When I came to the realization I was gay, she sat by me all night willing to talk about it. When the bullying started, she taught me how to block numbers and cover up bruises with foundation. Even when I started self harming, she was there to help. I'm so grateful for everything she has done but sometimes I think she just doesn't understand.

I put my plate in the sink and say goodbye to my family before I get in my car and drive to school.