Chapter 4: Secrets

I ring the doorbell to Tyler's house. He pratically squeals when he opens it and sees me. As I step inside I look around. It's a small, cozy house that smells like vanilla. I like it here already. Tyler and I make our way up some stairs into what seems to be his room. 

"So....do you have any idea what we are going to do for this stupid project?" he asks me.

"Not a clue" I say rolling up my sweatshirt sleeves.

"Oh my god." Tyler says in a hushed voice.

"What's wrong?!" I ask alarmed. Did I do something?

He reaches for my arm and all the sudden I know exactly what he's talking about.

"What are.....these?" he asks, staring at me right in the eye.

"They're scars."

"Are you okay? Do you want to talk about it?" he says. He's so concerned. It's cute.

"I was in a very dark place back in New York. I shared a secret with a close friend. She told everyone in the school. All the sudden I was getting bullied and death threats left and right. My dad cheated on my mum and then left us all, so the only thing I could turn to for help were my blades. I overdosed this summer. My mum found me in the laundry room almost dead on the floor. After I was out of the hospital I went into intense counseling. After my counseling finished we moved here for a fresh start."

I could see tears welling up in Tyler's eyes. I don't even know why I was telling him all this. I've known him for less than 12 hours and he already knows my life story. I guess I trust him.

Tyler leans in and hugs me. We just sit there while he hugs me and whispers "I'm so sorry Troye. I'm so sorry" over and over again. I'm not gonna lie, I enjoyed it. Tyler is a good hugger, and now I know he is there for me. It's a good feeling.

"You're so strong Troye," he finally says. "If anyone comes near you at school Lord knows I'll make sure they won't live to see the morning."

"Thanks Tyler. It means a lot" I respond.

We both let out a big sigh and start working on our project. At about 8 I say goodbye and drive home. As soon as I step in the door my brother comes waddling over to me.

"Hey Troye!" he says.

"Hi Tyde."

I walk into the kitchen and give my mum a hug.

"Someone is in a good mood!" she says smiling. "Did you make any friends today?"

"Yeah I did. They're great."

"Good for you honey!" she says as I leave.

I head up the stairs and into my bedroom when Sage peeks her head in to talk to me.

"So, Troye. Why did you come home so late?" she asks nosily.

"I was working on a project. With a friend." I say bluntly.

"A friend?! Is it a boy?"

I sigh. "Yes Sage he is a boy."

"Alright spill. Is he cute?"

I'm hesistant at first, but then I give in to Sage because I know she will just pester me about him until I tell her something.

"His name is Tyler. He has blue hair and yes he is very cute. Very." I pause while Sage giggles. "But the problem is I don't know if he's gay. And he doesn't know that I'm gay. That could be an issue."

"The only way to find out is to ask!" Sage says laughing. She skips out of my room to go do homework.

I groan and fall into my bed. Yeah right Sage! How am I supposed to just ask him? "Hey Tyler do you like dick?" Yeah right. And if he's not gay...he might get offended. And then I'll really be fucked.

I push these thoughts out of my mind and go to sleep. I'll deal with Sage and Tyler tomorrow morning.