Chapter 31: Extra 1 [Sam and Paris]

Third POV

Sam smiled happily. She had made a friend a few days after she had transferred. It's been a few months now and she finally admitted that she felt something for her friend, Shela. She wanted to convey her feelings. Worst case is that her friend might avoid her after her confession. Guess, she'll just have to convince Shela to stay as her friend if ever she is rejected. With her heart beating quickly, Sam finished her love letter for her friend.

"Meet me later on the rooftop?" Sam said.

"Is that another stunt of yours?" Shela asked.

Shela has gotten used to Sam's wide and adventurous nature after all. She wonders if there's another stunt that Sam would do like feeding vicious dogs by the garbage cans again. Not that Shela hates dogs, but the dogs there are rather vicious and wouldn't think twice biting someone who disturbs them. One time, Shela even got chased by birds because of Sam.

"I promise!" Sam said with a smile.

"I like you, go out with me?" Sam said, handing the love letter she wrote.

"You're a good friend, but I'm into guys," Shela said.

Sam felt her heart aching. She tried her best to force a smile.

"Friends?" Sam asked.

Shela nodded and said, "Friends," They hugged each other for a while. Shela left soon after.

Sam didn't shed a single tear and walked down towards her lockers. She felt her eyesight blurry and hot tears started to flow on her cheeks. It hurts to be rejected.

"You okay?" A certain silver-haired lady asked.

Sam hugged the lady tightly, letting her tears flow down. After a while, her heart didn't ache anymore. Maybe the thought of being rejected made her heart ache. She inhaled and smelt a cherry fragrance from the lady. It made her heart beat again.

She told the lady what happened. The lady simply patted her head telling her it's going to be fine.

"Let your tears flow then move on. Not everything is meant to go the way we want," the lady said.

Sam looked closely at the lady. The lady had silver hair and beautiful eyes. Then it hit her, the lady used to make fun of Shela before she came. Sam felt troubled for she had started to fall for Paris.

Paris handed her a handkerchief.

"I'll be going then. I hope you'll be fine. You can keep my handkerchief," Paris said before leaving.

She couldn't stand to leave a heartbroken person alone after all. It's painful. She had experienced it before after all.

After Paris had left, Sam stood there in a daze and her heart beating ferociously. Her face was flushed and her breath became heavy. What had she done to me? This is different from Shela. Sam thought. The image of Paris in her mind never left her even in her dreams. She did after all wake up flushed again. She surely needs some advice from her dear friend and fellow reincarnated child, Minerva.