Chapter 2

So how is it? Nice right? Have a great day!

________________________________________

Venus

This world we live in although it's unbelievable but it is real. Greek Gods will always and forever reincarnate. Rarely would the Gods reincarnate together or even meet. There's a group whose ancestors have been followers of the Greek Gods, they would always inform the parents if their child is a reincarnation of the Gods. It's for peace, they said.

I've learned all of this in my fifth year elementary grade, and last year, in my tenth grade. It is said that when a reincarnation child dies before the age of forty, terrible things would befall the Earth. That is why we are being kept in watch of the secret group. Although the school teaches this, they would never really know who is the reincarnated child. It's for our safety, they said. There were cases that the reincarnation child would befall danger or would be taken advantage of because of our powers, although I have no idea how.

We were also taught the reincarnated children would be able to sense one another. It's quite rare for us to meet. In most cases, we are spread across the world. To tell you the truth, I've actually met one and he's quite handsome.

It's all about beauty. When I was five I was told that I am the reincarnation of Aphrodite, the Goddess of Beauty although I was ugly and chubby when I was young. It didn't matter though, I'm different from when I was younger. Being the reincarnation of Aphrodite, really saved me from my terrible past. My power awoken when I was ten, and with this power, I'll never be bullied again. What's my power? Simple, my power is to stay beautiful, and it's all thanks to Aphrodite.

"There's the slut again."

I'm used to it. I always hear words like those from the other girls. They don't even know me personally, yet say many things at me. When you're ugly, you're bullied. When you're beautiful, you're a slut. The world is really hopeless- no, the people are. Well, I am hopeless myself either way.

Well it's not their fault that all the boys want me. They always give me those flirtatious eyes. It's them who comes to me, not the other way around. Ever since my powers awoken, nothing really changed. Girls secretly hate me, boys fight over me. It's dumb. I wonder how Aphrodite-no, the past me dealt with this.

"I bet she sleeps with all the boys in her class."

I may be dating several boys at the same time, but I don't sleep with them. I've always told them that all they would get is my attention, not my body. The boys would always agree believing that one day I'll allow them to touch me. Their pride is quite big. I know I've always been bitch, but it's all for show. They don't ignore me and let me do everything I want, but they would backstab me when I'm not in their presence. The boys are no better, they would always talk about how to crawl on my bed. Like that would happen. I have people I hangout with and they call themselves my friends, yet I still feel alone. We would laugh even at my bullying nature. It's the only way to avoid me being the target again. Either you're the bully or the bullied. People who are bystanders are nothing because they're afraid of the bullies and at some point, they would be targeted.

I opened my eyes, it's morning again and I have to get ready for my eleventh grade in high school, I'm a junior now. I got dressed and went outside to the living room. Empty. Empty as always. My parents were always busy with their work then last year my parents needed to be in Paris for the company's expansion.

I have many boyfriends but most of them feel like strangers. Vulcan's the only one who I can regard as even a friend although he still hopes that I would fall for him. Maybe it's because he's also a reincarnated child. He's the reincarnation of the ugliest Greek Gods, Hephaestus. I was surprised myself since he's really handsome and the ladies' man. I've always thought that we are better suited as friends, but I fear that when I tell him that, he wouldn't approve and disappear from my life.