14

I woke up and went straight to my bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face. My little break was over.

I didn't feel safe with going to school and the teachers understood so I just did work at home. School was easy I guess.

Nyla caught the bus. I went to school earlier than her so I couldn't drop her off. Then sometimes we'd ride our bikes to school together.

We've been doing it less.

"Layla, you up?" I heard my mother ask from her room.

"Yea ma." I said rubbing Vaseline over my face. I left my hair how it was. I also added some lip gloss.

I went into nyla's room to see if she was still breathing. I'd sometimes check on her when I woke up in the middle of the night just to make sure she was still alive because I cared about her a lot to stop my worrying.

I put on a necklace and then I grabbed something to wear. Never anything major. No one to impress but Nya, who loved seeing me in different outfits cause it brung out my character.

 No one to impress but Nya, who loved seeing me in different outfits cause it brung out my character

I put on some perfume and lotion and looked at myself in the mirror.

It will start to get cold soon. This will probably be my last day of wearing a skirt.

Keonte says he was picking me up today. I think he's here. I woke nyla up because by the time it was ready for me to leave.

It was time for her to get up.

I did that and went downstairs grabbing an apple.

"I'm leaving out!" I yelled going out of the door and the smell of outside hit me. I haven't been on a walk in so long.

I couldn't anymore though because even though the boys had moved out. I still could not go anywhere alone besides school.

I walked up to keontes car and got in. He looked at me.

"Good morning." He told me and I smiled.

"Good morning." I replied softly. I bit my apple, holding it in my mouth and put on my seat belt.

"You could've just asked me to hold it." He said and I looked at him disgusted.

"I don't know where yo hands been." I told him. He smiled.

"Where could they possibly be at-

Another bitch pussy.

"Be honest, You think I be beating my shit?" He asked and I smiled.

I wonder if he does.

"See look ian even say allat. Just drive the car dude." I told him.

He shook his head smiling and drove off.

...

He dropped me off in front of the building. I was getting out the car when he pulled my arm.

"No goodbye kiss?" He asked and I froze up. This would be our first time kissing.

He noticed how nervous I was and smiled. He kissed me on my cheek.

"I wasn't talking about a kiss on the lips dummy, our first kiss has to be special. Not in front of a school building." He told me and I smiled a little.

I nodded my head and he smiled as I got out the car he rolled down the window waving at me and I waved back.

I let out a long sigh as I walked into the school. I thought king and hard on where he could take us for our umm...first kiss.

Would that make us official?

I felt an arm wrap around my shoulders. It was Bryson.

"Who just dropped you off just now?" He asked me and a huge smile appeared on my face.

"A friend." I told him and he looked at me. "Alright Layla, he better know how to fight." He told me walking off and I asked him why from down the hall.

"Just in case he tries to hurt you. Imma beat his ass for you." He told me and I watched as someone bumped into him and things went left.

I didn't realize who it was until he Bryson said his name. "Jamarcus?" He said and I froze up.

He goes to school here? But he's older than me by a couple months.

Why is he taking classes again? Th-this is why I didn't wanna come.

Bryson looked at me and once he saw how scared I was he punched the shit out of Jamarcus. He pushed him against the locker just repeatedly punching him.

Did Bryson not take his pills? It doesn't help that he knows how to box.

Bryson knew about everything except for the part about him getting out so I expected him to react like this.

I was surprised and I hated crying in front of people because they'd ask me if something was wrong and yea there was but it's nothing that they could fix so I wouldn't bother.

Where is Nya?

I haven't seen Nya in a long time.

I stood there in shock before walking over to the fight. I grabbed Bryson's wrist before he landed another punch

He looked at me, then stopped. He was beating the life out of him.

Everybody was gathered around recording. I sighed, holding back my tears.

"He's not worth it." I told him. He put Jamarcu down.

What even is this day?