11

I woke up early cause I'd be lying if I said I wasn't ready to see Keonte.

Tayshaun and Tyrone are currently packing. Nyla has been at grandma house for a while.

Nyla was our younger sister she was 13, she was very quiet though. She hated talking to people.

Sometimes I think she hates us. Although last year she did get me a present for Christmas.

I brushed my teeth and washed my face, alongside getting in the shower which was needed.

Once I was done washing up and all that good stuff I got out and put on something to wear. I just threw on something cause it's not like I'm going anywhere fancy.

 I just threw on something cause it's not like I'm going anywhere fancy

...

As I awaited Keontes arrival, my brothers asked me where I was going constantly and I knew I'd have to tell them but I did not want to.

It'd start mess. "I'll be fine. I'll be with someone safe so please just...leave me alone." I said angrily.

"No. If we don't know who it is you can't go." He said

"How about I tell michael and he let you know if the person is safe or not." I said smiling at Michael.

He looked up.

"You bet not have him lie for you." He told me and I rolled my eyes.

I whispered in Michaels ear, "I'm going out with someone who's safe I promise. I just can't let them know cause it'll fuck up a lot of shit." I said.

He looked at me, "I need more details than that Layla." He told me and I sighed.

I didn't like how Tayshaun and Tyrone was watching us.

I grabbed his hand brung him into the the kitchen.

"Promise you won't tell." I told him him and he wrapped his pinky around mine.

Michael was sorta like my boy best friend it's just when he was around my brothers they were together more but I kinda think that's because they're really close.

"It's one of they homeboys." I said sighing.

He looked at me with wide eyes, tryna figure out who I was talking about.

"Yea, she safe." He told them and I smiled.

I was about to go in the living room when he grabbed my hand.

He licked his lips, "I don't know who you specifically talking about, all of them niggas friends ain't loyal Layla." He told me and I smiled.

"I'll be fine. I promise."

We went back into the living room and my brothers told me to stay safe and allat other stuff.

I got a text from Keonte saying he was outside.
...

"You like Layla don't you?"

"Nigga what?"

"Yo ass been crushing since we was kids, it's cool though. Y'all ugly asses got time."

"I don't like her, it'd be weird for y'all if I did anyways."

"Whatever nigga. I know when you like somebody and you been liking her for a while now. Ion give a fuck who Layla with but if whoever she with ain't treating her right, like that clown as nigga jamarcus best believe we on his ass. I know yo lovey dovey ass don't be on shit like that."

...

"You know...I kinda sorta told Michael that I was out with one of the twins homeboy." I said and he looked at me.

"I told you I don't care if they know or not." He told me and I raised an eyebrow.

"That's the bro code ain't it? How would you feel if my brother fucked with one of your sisters?" I asked and he sighed.

"I'd be mad but after a while I'd get over it." He told me.

"So why not tell them that you messing with me?" I asked him.

"You want me to?" He asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

"It'd cause a lot of problems but make things a lot easier."

..

I watched him as he played. He was good but Ian like the way there was other girls here...watching him.

He was finally done playing and his team had one. I stood up and I stood up about to congratulate him when a girl walked up to them and they started talking and after they were done he walked up to me.

I looked at him for a second then laughed, "Wait, wait, wait so who the fuck was that you was just talking to bro?" I asked him.

"Some girl my homeboys invited." He told me.

"So you just that friendly?" I asked.

"Chill out. She ain't got shit on you." He told me and I rolled my eyes.

"Who said she did?" I asked.

"Mmcht, mannnn you trippin. She said hi so I said hi back." He told me I shrugged my shoulders.

I'm trying my hardest not to get mad at little stuff but my trust issues are killing me.

...

I changed a few things. I felt like jayda didn't match Layla so I went with sza and I felt that it would be weird for jayla and Latrelle to not have a kid together so they have a sister.