12

"Laylaaaa. Ma said go pick up nyla from grandma house." Tyrone yelled from downstairs.

I can never meditate in peace. Fuck. I blew out my candles and grabbed my keys.

I stood up and put on my slides.

I hurried downstairs and looked at Tyrone. "Why can't you just go. You ain't doing nothing." I told him.

"That's because I gotta move everything out of my room. We move tomorrow." He told me and I rolled my eyes.

"Finally." I mumbled underneath my breath.

He smiled, "What you so happy for? Yo ass gone be lonely ass hell." He told me.

Act like my world revolves around they goofy asses.

Michael was on the couch his eyes was low. "You high?" I asked and he looked up at me.

He shook his head no lying, "I need you to re twist my hair."

"When?" I asked. "Today." I nodded my head.

"Tayshaun was right. You treat him better than you treat us if I would've asked that yo ass would've been hella mad." He said and I headed towards the front door.

"It's not my fault he act better than y'all."

...

"Grandma bought you some more healing crystals and sage. She says that I should try it but I don't know. You're all...nice now." Nyla told me as we walked up to the door.

"What's wrong with being nice?" I asked and she looked up at me.

"Your available to too many people and they start to take advantage of you. Limit the people who has access to you." She told me walking in the house.

"Th-That's only because I have healing energy."

Who knew I'd be taking advice from my 13 year old sister?

She went straight to her room. I looked at Michael and Tyrone.

"Where's Tayshaun?" I asked.

"He went to go get us some food." He told me and I sighed.

"And by us you mean you and Michael?" I asked.

"You know Michael real name is Levonte right?" He asked and I nodded my head.

"He never told me I could just call him that." I said softly.

Michaels real name was Levonte but everyone called him Michael which was his middle name.

"You want me to call you Levonte?" I asked him and he shrugged his shoulders.

"It don't matter. Call me whatever you wanna call me." I told him and Tyrone looked at him like he was crazy.

"So she get a pass and she ain't even yo real cousin. Shaking my head." He said and I smiled.

If he don't shut up.

I went up to my room setting up the new crystals I had got.

I went up to my room and set up the crystals. I burned some sage.

Now back to my meditation.

...

I was meditating when Levonte walked in my room. I looked at him angrily.

"What do you want?" I asked and he looked at me.

"Calm down. I was just seeing if you wanted the rest of my food." He said and I stood up.

I walked up to him looking in the bag and it was almost full. A chicken sandwich and a large fry from Wendy's. Why'd he only sat the chicken nuggets?

"So what did you eat?" I asked.

"I ate some of this. Just not a lot." He told me and I looked up at him. He was hella tall.

I grabbed the food. "I don't wanna eat this not knowing if nyla ate or not."

I walked pass him and he followed behind me. I knocked on nyla's door and she opened it.

"Have you ate yet?" I asked her and she nodded her head.

"Grandma cooked me some sauerkraut." She told me and I nodded my head closing her door.

Levonte looked down at me. "You retwisting my hair right?" He asked.

"It don't need to be retwisted you know?" I asked. His hair looked fine.

"Are you sure?" He asked and I smiled. "I'd never lie to you dummy. All you need is a line up." I said grabbing a fry.

They brought back Wendy's and he had got a 4 for 4 but he didn't eat the chicken sandwich or the fries.

"When you get done eating you doing this tiktok with me. I haven't spent time with you in hellas." He told me and I nodded my head.

I went in my room and finished eating. I was really bored. Keonte had called me earlier about the other day saying he was sorry and shit.

It wasn't that big of a deal. He just too friendly for my liking. He need to fix that shit cause he wasn't all goody goody when he met me.

...

I headed downstairs grabbing Levonte's arm.

"I'll be borrowing him for a minute." I told them holding onto his arm.

Tayshaun sat up, "What the fuck y'all got going on?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes.

"Don't worry about it. Mind yours." I told him.

I pulled Levonte upstairs to my room.

"Sorry for all the umm crystals everywhere I just have no where to put them and-

He smiled, "You good Layla."

"So....I feel kinda weird just going straight to tik toks it's just that I haven't talked to you in so long and we used to tell each other everything."

He sat down on my bed and I sat down next to him.

I knew he had a lot to tell me and I had a whole bunch to tell him.

...

Changed how Levonte looked :)