4

I made it home and I guess Keonte had told my brothers and they weren't so happy.

"So he out?" Tyrone said and I stood there and nodded my head still nervous and scared.

Keonte told me he'd take care of him and I just wanna know what he meant by that. I hope he wasn't gonna do anything stupid for me.

I took off my shoes and sighed.

I mean we just met each other. I don't even know why i feel so comfortable around him-

They started to get ready and I looked at them. "W-Where are y'all going?"

"Somewhere. Keonte should be here in a minute with the groceries." They said leaving out and I just stood there confused and shocked because I knew what they were about to do.

I could just call their mother and tell her about it but I didn't know for sure. I mean.

Why am I worried about that? H-He's back a-and he knows where I live. What if he comes and...what would I do.

Tears poured from my eyes and I called my father.

"Deddy I-I saw him at the store. He's out." I said and I heard him sigh from the other side of the phone.

"Ok where are your brothers at?" He asked and I froze up.

"I-I don't know they left as soon as I told them." I told him and he paused for a second.

"Ok. Ok. We'll be home tonight uhhh. If they not home by the time we get home let me know." He told me and I said ok hanging up.

I looked around and more tears came down. This is all my fault. If I had just stayed at home I'd be fine and-

I heard the doorbell ring and I went to the door and looked through the peep hole. It was Keonte. I opened the door and he brung the groceries in.

He looked at me before he was about to leave. "You'll be good here by yourself?" He asked and I nodded my head nervously, knowing I wouldn't but I didn't want him knowing that.

He closed the door stepping back in. Things was awkward because I had flinched when he tried to touch me. I-I thought...

"Has anybody asked if you were ok?" He asked and I shook my head no. Nobody has but I expected that. Im expected to be strong and to heal from things fast all because I'm protected, right? It's no need to worry. But still my mind finds it's way to question my safety so maybe, a quick are you ok? Would've been fine. Maybe.

A tear slipped from my eye and I sighed. "I keep crying and that's not what I want."

He looked at me. He grabbed my hand placing me on the couch.

He fixed his hat with his hand. He grabbed a blanket handing it to me and turned on Cartoon Network and I smiled.

"Is this good enough? I don't know what you like but I did this for my sister when she cried so this should help." He told me and I smiled.

"It's...fine you need to go home I'm sure-

"No I'll stay to put up the groceries. You can chill on the couch." He told me and I wiped my tears.

I did not care if I barely knew him or not. "How long have you been friends white Tayshaun?"

I heard him putting up bags. "I don't know. We played ball together so I had to see them then we became homeboys. Them niggas usually would come to my house but since ya parents wasn't home we came here. They never told me they had a little sister." He told me and I turned around folding my arms across my chest.

"Do not say little like that. It's only by like 3 months." I said rolling my eyes and he smiled.

"Sure."

I looked on my phone to read some Wattpad stories where this girls brothers are arguing with someone because her boyfriend broke her heart.

My brothers probably about to go kill some niggas over me. We are not the same. I should not be proud of that but god...apart of me feels like he deserves it.

I continued to watch regular show before I started to fall asleep.

This sleep is very much needed.