Ember looks out at the view and smiles as she gets off the highway and turns into a small town. The mountains and trees surround her and she smiles as she takes in her surrounds. It's beautiful.

She rolls down the window and allows the breeze to blow into her car freely. Ember takes a deep breath and smiles as the air smells clean and fresh.
Blackbeard Sticks out his tongue as he looks over at Ember.
She smiles as she pets his fur.

"See we just needed some fresh air," Ember smiles as she parks at a parking lot that belongs to a trail.

She steps out of her car and walks to the trunk. Ember opens it up and grabs out a small bag. She wasn't planning on going for a hike but she always has stuff in her car. Her mom taught her to be prepared.

Ember slings the bag over her shoulder and puts a can of maze in her pocket just in case she runs into suspicious people or dangerous animals.
She puts her phone in her pocket as well.

Her shoes crunch against the dirt as she walks to the passenger side and opens the door so that Blackbeard can hop out.

He leaps out of the car and circles Ember happily.

Ember smiles as she leans down to pet him.

"Stay right there so I can grab your leash," Ember tells him as she walks to the trunk.
she finds Blackbeard's leash and whistles for him to come over to her.

Blackbeard trots obediently over to her and sits so that she can put the leash on.

Ember smiles as she kisses his nose.

"You know, you're an amazing dog," Ember smiles as she holds her hand out.
Blackbeard high fives her hand with his paw and Ember smiles wide.

She grabs his leash as she walks down the trails and into the woods.

Jim walks through the door of his apartment, setting his guitar down on the floor against the wall.
He quickly leaves his apartment and walks over to Ember's.

He's tired and his wrists are sore from practice but that's not what's on his mind. The only thing on his mind is his girlfriend.
He hasn't heard much from her in the past few days. Both of them had been pretty busy with work.

Jim uses his spare key and unlocks Ember's apartment.

"Ember!" He calls as he walks through the front door.

His call is met with no response. The house is quiet and dark, the only lights on are in the hallway.

Jim walks down the hallways curiously as he looks through each room to see where Ember may be.

He checks the living room and her spare bedrooms.
When he doesn't find her in either he opens the door to her bedroom.

The room is pitch black.

Jim opens the door a little more allowing more light to enter the room. When the light finally shines on Ember's bed he realizes Ember is fast asleep.

Blackbeard looks up quickly but when he realizes it's Jim he lays his head back down and relaxes.

Jim walks into Ember's bedroom and shuts the door behind him.

He takes off his shirt and walks over to the side of her bed. He lifts the sheets and slides in with her.

Jim smiles slightly as he cuddles closer to Ember.

Ember groans and sits up a little.

"Shh it's just me. Go back to sleep," Jim whispers to her as he brushes her hair.

Ember smiles and moves closer to him until she's against his chest and his arms are around her.

"Hi Jim," Ember says sleepily.

"Hi Ember. Sorry for waking you," Jim smiles as he rests his head on top of hers.

"I'm still half asleep," Ember yawns, "I'm glad you're back. I missed you."

Jim smiles happily as he curls his long legs around her, encasing her small body in his comforting embrace.

"I missed you too baby," Jim smiles as he kisses her forehead.

Ember smiles happily as sleep pulls her back in.

Jim plays with her hair softly as he thinks about the details of his day.

The band spent the past week recording the rest of the album. Some nights Jim would stay over at Corey's, or Shawn's house. They would record late into the night and be too exhausted to drive home.

Jim smiles. Today they finished the recorded, all that's left is for the record label to publish it.

Jim cracks his wrists and settles his hands back against Ember.

He looks over at Blackbeard and notices Kevin is in the bed too.

"Kevin? When did you get here?" Jim whispers as he pets Kevin and Blackbeard.

Kevin yaps at the sound of his name and Jim shushes him.

"She's sleeping, shush," Jim smiles as he holds Ember close.

Kevin rests his head against Jim and Ember's feet.

Blackbeard is already asleep against Ember's side as he snores softly.

Jim grins, he's happy to be back in the embrace of Ember and their dogs.