~3~

Ember woke up to the faint sound of something sizzling.

She rolls over onto her back and rubs her eyes sleepily.

She yawns and snuggles back down into the blanket wrapped around her.

Suddenly, her eyes shoot open as she realizes that she lives by herself so she shouldn't hear the sound of sizzling.

In a panic Ember sits up and looks around.

She rubs her eyes and waits for them to adjust to the light.

She looks down at realizes there's a blanket around her, a blanket that doesn't belong to her.

"Good morning," a mans voice says.

She feels every hair on her body stand. She turns her head towards the kitchen and notices Jim cooking something.

She feels herself relax a little when she notices it's Jim but she's still very confused and anxious.

"Good morning?" Ember questions.

"What am I doing here?" Ember asks as she throws the blanket off her and swings her feet around so that they land on the floor.

"You fell asleep on the couch last night," Jim chuckles as he grabs out two plates from his cupboard.

"Oh. Sorry," Ember mutters.

"Nah don't be sorry. You where exhausted. I didn't think it would be right for me to try and carry you back to your place and plus I couldn't get you to wake up," Jim laughs.

Ember chuckles.

"Sounds about right," Ember smiles.

Ember knows she's a deep sleeper so she's not surprised that Jim couldn't wake her.

"What time is it?" Ember asks as she looks outside one of Jim's big windows and notices the sun blaring.

"Eleven a.m," Jim mutters.

"What!?!" Ember panics.

Ember quickly grabs her shoes and puts them on.

"What's wrong?" Jim asks as he looks over at Ember and studies her panicked state.

"I have work. I was supposed to be there at nine," Ember says.

"Shit. I'm sorry, I don't know you had work," Jim panics.

"It's okay, you didn't know. And it's not like you would have been able to wake me up anyway," Ember snorts.

Jim chuckles.

"Do you want breakfast?" Jim asks.

"I can't I'm already two hours late. So I gotta go," Ember tells him.

Jim nods in understanding.

When Ember has her shoes on and is getting ready to leave Jim walks up to her.

"Here, just so you have something to eat," Jim says as he hands her some Tupperware with food in it.

"Thank you," Ember smiles. She tries to hid the blush that she knows is creeping onto her cheeks.

Ember grabs her bag.

"I'll see you later," she smiles.

"Do you want a ride?" Jim calls after her when she's out in the hallway.

"I'm okay. Thank you though," Ember smiles.

She waves and Jim waves back.

She dashed down the stairs taking them two at a time.