Chapter Eight

Yeah and so chapter eight. :)

How is the story going? Fan, vote and comment! Constructive criticism is really useful, you know. 

Disclaimer: I do not own most of the plot and characters. All belongs to the awesome J.K. Rowling.

Enjoy!

--------------------------------------------------------

The first thing I could register in my brain when I woke up was the blinding pains at the back of my head. Instinctly, I stretched my hand to the back of my head and touched it. I felt a searing pain at the place I've touched. 

'Ow,' I muttered. 

I looked around my surroundings. Yep, this was the hospital wing. And I can remember exactly why I'm here. Thank Merlin, that means I didn't lose my memories. And a bottle of Skele-Gro next to me. Great. That means I actually hurt my skull.

'Malfoy! You're finally awake. I was about to wake you up,' 

I turned slowly, and saw Madam Pomfrey rushing towards me. She was holding a potion in her hand. I looked out of the window. It was the morning sunlight. That wasn't right. It was evening when I found Draco.

'Miss Malfoy! Look here, drink this up. Then you're allowed to go,' she said briskly. 

'Madam Pomfrey, isn't it supposed to be night now?' I asked a really dumb question.

'Ah, you slept for a whole night. Now drink up,' she insisted.

'Alright.' I drank the really foul-smelling potion in two big gulps, and made my way out of the hospital wing. I touched my head gingerly, and found it bandaged.

'Don't overexert that head of yours, Miss Malfoy. Come here every evening for your potion, and it shall be healed in a couple of days.'

I thanked her, and made my way out of the hospital wing.

----------------------------

What's with the head, Malfoy?' I whipped back my hair to reveal a skinny, pathetic looking boy with brown hair. He is my sworn enemy: Richard Cunningfly.

'Shove off, Cunningfly.' I spat.

'Is that so, Malfoy?' I turned and saw another smirking face. It was Dayana Cunningfly, Richard's sister. She is quite a vivacious girl, with hazel brown hair that reached her waist. Her eyes were a very dark shade of brown. Her lips curved into a heart shape- she could be quite beautiful. If only she wasn't so bloody annoying.

'None of your business, Miss Cunningfly.' I seethed.

'Hm. Bet you fell and hit your head, did you? It did hurt, did it, little baby?' She mocked.

My hands were clenched into fists in anger. 'Keep your calm, Lirana.' I thought, but my temper was getting the better of me. Malfoys are never insulted, neither do they get away with it. I turned to the opposite direction to walk away, but Dayana called after me, 'Watch that head, baby!'

I whipped around, eyes flashing. I gripped my wand and sent a hex towards her before they both knew what had hit them. 'Petrificus totalus!' Dayana fell to the ground, binded together by my spell. I smirked. 

'I'll get you next time, Malfoy!' he ran next to his sister. I walked nearer to him, and he looked petrified. I looked him in the eyes, smirked, and said, 'Suit yourself.'

I turned around really quickly, my raven hair slapping him full in the face. Then I left with a delightful mood. Oh, what a glorious time.

-------------------------------------------

'Malfoy!' 

I looked up, and saw Peter Peverell leaning on a wall in the opposite direction.

'Why, hello Peverell.'

'You look delighted. What's up?' he gave me a small smile.

'I hexed dear Miss Cunningfly,' I smiled for a moment and added hastily,'Don't tell your cousin. Slytherin has enough points deducted.'

'No magic allowed in the corridors...'he said dreamily. 'Maybe I could threaten you with that.'

'Don't. You. Dare.' my wand was pointed at his nose.

'Alright! Alright! I was joking!' he said in exasperation.

'Really?'

'Really.' I lowered my wand suspiciously. 

'What's with the head, Malfoy?' he changed the subject.

I gave a sigh and said, 'Long story. Basically, I cut my head on a few pieces of glass and they went through my skull.'

'Ow.' he cringed. 'Must have hurt.'

'Yeah,' I admitted. 'But it doesn't hurt now if I don't touch it.'

'if only I could get to that head of yours,' he said sneakily.

I ducked. 'My head is already as fragile as it is, thank you very much.'

'Okay, okay. Look, its Draco. He might be looking for you. Catch you later, Lirana.' he winked at me and I gave a smile back. 'Lirana. He called me by my first name.' I thought.

'Lira!' I turned around and saw Draco running towards me.

'I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to! How is it? I wanted to stay, but that old hag-'

'Shut up.' 

'What?'

'Shut up. Malfoys never apologise.' I said, grinning, and he chuckled.

'But you're a Malfoy. It doesn't count.' he said.

I spat my tongue out and said cheekily, 'Better not get used to it.'

He pinched my nose. 'Ow! Alright, payback.' I put a hand on my waist, and another flat towards him.

'Fine. Same place, same time.' I nodded, and he walked off, a grim expression plastered on his face.

---------------------------------

Right. Chapter Eight done. Heh, whoever would expect Peter Peverell flirting with Lirana? :)

Another thing. I'm writing another short story, a dramione fan fiction at the same time as this. The name's Only For You (dramione). Check it out, fan, vote, and comment!