Chapter Nineteen

Warning: Not for the weak hearted.

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Harry Potter books or characters :)

-Recap-

I helplessly clutched the arm that was on my neck, effectively choking me, needing air desperately. The arm and hands didn't budge.

Before the view before me dissolved and I blacked out, a thought flashed in my mind.

'Its too late.'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Malfoy Manor held a whole lot of memories, and most of them are nightmares.

Two Death Eaters were at Kenneth's side, his head still hurt and bloody. They hadn't bothered to heal him since we got here.

Not like they healed me either. The bruise on my neck was still as prominent as ever, from what I saw from a mirror in a corridor. But Kenneth seemed to be hurt pretty badly, and he couldn't even walk properly. My heart hurt to see him in that condition, and I would do anything to lessen his sufferings,

We arrived in front of the door to the dining hall, and my stomach gave a terrible lurch. I knew the Dark Lord was in there, and eve though I was determined not to join the Death Eaters, it terrified me even to look at him directly.

The door swung open, and everyone had their eyes on me. I put on a strong face and went in.

'Well, well, isn't it the young Lirana Malfoy.' he sneered, glaring at me with his red eyes.

Draco looked at me, his eyes reflecting his terror for my safety. His grey eyes only sent me one message: Apparate! Run! but I knew I didn't stand a chance, and I couldn't possibly leave Kenneth here, alone.

The Dark Lord raised his head and looked at me maliciously.

'I summoned you here today to make you a Death Eater.' My memory of when Draco became a Death Eater flashed in my mind.I was chained to a wall, a blade pierced through my skin which left me bleeding for a couple of days. The Dark Lord's eyes seemed to tell me, 'This isn't a choice.'

Father and Mother shook their heads lightly, eyes warning me: Don't refuse.

'No.' I said while looking at him in the eyes, determined.

'No?' he asked, amusement in his voice. 'I thought so.' He rose and twirled his wand in his hands. Suddenly, he turned around, facing us, and asked, 'What should we do to the girl?'

The entire table erupted (except for my family, of course).

'Do what we did the last time! The non- healing ointment!'

'Crucio!'

'Prison her and torture till' she agrees!'

The Dark Lord raised a hand, and silence returned.

'I have learned one thing from Dumbledore.' everyone looked at him with shock.

'But- but, m' Lord-'

'Be patient, Bellatrix. I will get to that.' Aunt Bella shut her mouth.

'As I was saying, I learnt one thing from Dumbledore. Love.' he said mockingly. 'The importance of love for the ordinary.' he looked at me, smiling evilly.

'Nott, Avery, bring me the boy.'

His words struck me like a truck at high speed.'No.' I whispered at first, and as I saw Kenneth being dragged towards the Dark Lord, too weak to resist, I yelled, 'NO!'